Best looking stock

An early Sako Mauser in 300 H&H. The original stock was cracked and in bad shape. Made it a good candidate for a rebuild.
Apologies for the poor camera work!

IMG_7742.jpeg
IMG_7744.jpeg

The best wood on a gun which I actually own is on my double rifle.
20220603_105517.jpg

My main shotgun, a Browning B525 The Crown also has some nice wood, but not really the shame luster to it, needs some oil I think.
22.jpg

The newest acquisition also have nice wood, a kipplauf rifle but this one has yet to come home so to say. So only a picture from the seller below.
4.jpg

The best wood on a gun which I actually own is on my double rifle.
View attachment 535949

My main shotgun, a Browning B525 The Crown also has some nice wood, but not really the shame luster to it, needs some oil I think.
View attachment 535950
The newest acquisition also have nice wood, a kipplauf rifle but this one has yet to come home so to say. So only a picture from the seller below.View attachment 535951
those are all good lookers. What double is that?

@KJE81 I think when we spoke before you were working towards your Africa hunt with your double, will that be in 23 or 24?
Do you have a buffao on your ticket?

@KJE81 I think when we spoke before you were working towards your Africa hunt with your double, will that be in 23 or 24?
Do you have a buffao on your ticket?
It is a couple of years in the future due to having small children. Planning to bring my son in five years or so.

I just recently posted this in a thread I started about a new 450 Rigby I ordered. This grade 9 stock I have selected for that rifle from Rigby is definitely my all time favourite now and is a big part of basically my dream rifle I have always wanted to build
1687040451379.png

I just recently posted this in a thread I started about a new 450 Rigby I ordered. This grade 9 stock I have selected for that rifle from Rigby is definitely my all time favourite now and is a big part of basically my dream rifle I have always wanted to build
View attachment 540660
Fabulous wood with grain correct at the grip. Is it the photography or are they mot applying a traditional red finish?

Fabulous wood with grain correct at the grip. Is it the photography or are they mot applying a traditional red finish?
That stock is finished as is, I've seen a few from Rigby like this on finished guns without the red and also one of the grade 7 stock options they sent to me was similar without the red finish.

On my
That stock is finished as is, I've seen a few from Rigby like this on finished guns without the red and also one of the grade 7 stock options they sent to me was similar without the red finish.
refurbished Rigby 275 they also advised me to have this colored stock versus the red hue given mine was built in 1956. Mine certainly does not compare to the beauty of this one!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois