Best Grade Dakota Model 10 Stalking Rifle In 275 Rigby (7x57mm)

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Up for sale is my Dakota Model 10. The list of features and specs is as follows:

Weight of 7lbs 16 ounces, Scoped, with an authentic S.W. Silvers 1.5" pad
Weight of 7lbs 12 ounces, Scoped, with its original 1" Dakota pad
Length of Pull of 14.5" with the Silvers pad, 14" with the Dakota pad (both pads included)
XXX English Walnut
Hand rubbed oil finish
Approximately 28 LPI checkering
Color case hardened action and grip cap
Barrel band swivel
Dakota used a 23" Douglas barrel in their #3 taper
Sub-MOA accuracy with the only ammo I've tried (S&B 175gr Nosler Partition)
Talley Quick Detach 30mm case hardened scope rings with levers (low height)
Dakota Custom Shop Oak and Morocco Leather French Fitted Case
Swarovski Z6 1-6x24mm EE (extended eye relief) 30mm optic with German #4 reticle (unobtainable, incredibly sought after optic)

As you know, Dakota is no more. This is a very fine early model 10 in the most desirable caliber, best wood, best barrel length and profile, with the rare case hardened finish, and it has longer length of pull compared to the very typical 13" LOP usually found. Former Dakota employees at Parkwest Arms would charge about $20,000 to put together this package today and of course it wouldn't be a Dakota.

$12,800 shipped in lower-48 States.

Comparables:

Gordy & Son's has a lesser gun with shorter LOP for $11,363, plus you'd add $300 for the rings, $2000 for the case, and $3000 for the optic = $16,663
CSMC has one with excellent engraving, quarter rib, a gold line border, two gold inlays in stock, no scope/rings/case = $27,999

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG
IMG_7156.JPG
IMG_7155.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG
IMG_7153.JPG
IMG_7152.JPG
IMG_7151.JPG
IMG_7150.JPG
IMG_3339 2.jpg

Up for sale is my Dakota Model 10. The list of features and specs is as follows:

Weight of 7lbs 16 ounces, Scoped, with an authentic S.W. Silvers 1.5" pad
Weight of 7lbs 12 ounces, Scoped, with its original 1" Dakota pad
Length of Pull of 14.5" with the Silvers pad, 14" with the Dakota pad (both pads included)
XXX English Walnut
Hand rubbed oil finish
Approximately 28 LPI checkering
Color case hardened action and grip cap
Barrel band swivel
Dakota used a 23" Douglas barrel in their #3 taper
Sub-MOA accuracy with the only ammo I've tried (S&B 175gr Nosler Partition)
Talley Quick Detach 30mm case hardened scope rings with levers (low height)
Dakota Custom Shop Oak and Morocco Leather French Fitted Case
Swarovski Z6 1-6x24mm EE (extended eye relief) 30mm optic with German #4 reticle (unobtainable, incredibly sought after optic)

As you know, Dakota is no more. This is a very fine early model 10 in the most desirable caliber, best wood, best barrel length and profile, with the rare case hardened finish, and it has longer length of pull compared to the very typical 13" LOP usually found. Former Dakota employees at Parkwest Arms would charge about $20,000 to put together this package today and of course it wouldn't be a Dakota.

$12,800 shipped in lower-48 States.

Comparables:

Gordy & Son's has a lesser gun with shorter LOP for $11,363, plus you'd add $300 for the rings, $2000 for the case, and $3000 for the optic = $16,663
CSMC has one with excellent engraving, quarter rib, a gold line border, two gold inlays in stock, no scope/rings/case = $27,999

View attachment 530981
View attachment 530982View attachment 530983View attachment 530984View attachment 530985View attachment 530986View attachment 530987View attachment 530988View attachment 530989View attachment 530990
Exquisite Model 10, in a great caliber!

Lovely rifle @rookhawk, good luck with the sale,

No interest on this forum, so it has now been listed on GI. I realize AH policy is that things aren't supposed to be listed in two places, so they can delete this thread if they wish.

Good luck with it, it’s a beautiful rifle and will go quickly on GI. I think the policy on double listing changed. Seems that as long as it is stated it’s OK. Could be wrong but that’s what I recall.

@rookhawk - Congratulations on the sale, even if it wasn't on AH.

@rookhawk - Congratulations on the sale, even if it wasn't on AH.
went to a wonderful human that is going to use it in Texas, Arizona, and Africa. All you can ask for.

I now have no smallbore rifles for myself but I'm closer to the dream of being 100% debt free. My kids have lovely fine guns and I'll guide them on my land this coming year.

Beware, I'll be debt free in <2 years and I'm buying every nice gun that hits this forum with reckless abandon.

For @rookhawk, @WAB or any other with the knowledge. For 9 years I lived in Pensacola, home of Gulf Breeze Firearms which was a primary Dakota dealer. Most of the time when I visited "Duke" the owner,
would have one or two Model 10's in the case. Best I remember the rifle un scoped listed for $5000 - $6000. So I have two questions for you. Is this Model 10 that just sold a higher grade 10 or does all this extra money come from the Swarovski scope. And #2 what pure English made stalking rifle would be the equivalent of this Model 10 Dakota?

For @rookhawk, @WAB or any other with the knowledge. For 9 years I lived in Pensacola, home of Gulf Breeze Firearms which was a primary Dakota dealer. Most of the time when I visited "Duke" the owner,
would have one or two Model 10's in the case. Best I remember the rifle un scoped listed for $5000 - $6000. So I have two questions for you. Is this Model 10 that just sold a higher grade 10 or does all this extra money come from the Swarovski scope. And #2 what pure English made stalking rifle would be the equivalent of this Model 10 Dakota?

@sierraone great question.

You have to remember that Dakota model 10s started at $4000 and ended at $30000. Each was unique. Xxx walnut, drop points, case colors, quarter ribs, engraving, longer LOP, all added value.

Second, regardless of value when new, Dakota went bankrupt selling guns below cost. What does a Parkwest gun cost today and how much more is an original Dakota worth?

There are only ten for sale on AH right now. Caliber matters, a 300 win mag without case and with a $350 Leupold scope is about $8000. That’s the floor. QD rings, better optics, cases, more features, that drives them into the stratosphere.

Oh, boy...I think my blood pressure just went up

went to a wonderful human that is going to use it in Texas, Arizona, and Africa. All you can ask for.

I now have no smallbore rifles for myself but I'm closer to the dream of being 100% debt free. My kids have lovely fine guns and I'll guide them on my land this coming year.

Beware, I'll be debt free in <2 years and I'm buying every nice gun that hits this forum with reckless abandon.

Awesome job on making that happen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois