Best gear you’ve found

Smartwool 250 merino items- neck gaiter, beanie, gloves and base layer. Items are warm and help protect from wind.

KUIU 240 Peleton 240 vest. Great for casual wear or hunting.

KUIU Snap Button Shirt. Great for casual wear or hunting.

A small battery operated fan saved me in Zimbabwe on a October safari!

cw,
when i bought my action the company was owned by don allen.
i think he had just bought out pete grisel.
it was pete grisel that designed the actions and started the business, then went into partnership with allen.

Wiggy Sleeping bags and products
.375 Ruger Alaskan
Mausers
Merino Wool and parka shell from Varustaleka
Maxpedition Mongo Versipack
Eberlestock Halftrack
Steiner 8x30 military marine binos
Leupold VX-Freedom Firedots (for value)
.35 WAI
.30-06
.358WIN
.495 A-Square
Swiss Army knives (camper & tinker)
THE M-1 GARAND!
Glocks
USGI poncho liner
Filson double Mackinaw
I don't know about the entire list but will go 100% with three. Wiggy sleeping bag, M-I Garand and Glock. Although the 35 Whelen AI is a strong contender- that is a fine cartridge! I didn't think anyone here knew what a Wiggy bag was. :) Have had a Wiggy bag for a long time. The only improvement I made was to add a thin, single layer nylon fabric over-bag- easy to keep clean and adds at least 10-20' to low temp range. Makes a big difference when the temps really drop. A foam pad down first or US milsurp alum. cot then the Wiggy sleeping pad, then a Wiggy bag. Mine made the trip to AK many times.

Last edited:
Drisabone oiled canvas jacket from Aus. Very durable and smart enough to wear to dinner too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg