Best Game Recipes? Pile on the mix!

friends: take heed of this recipe. Google “Tandoori Chicken” as a similar approach. It is a yogurt lemon based marinade that infuses the meat with a dozen awesome spices, most of all of which you have in a well stocked spice cabinet.

It is indo-pakistani but a true crowd pleaser with pedestrian tastes in America too. People say “best grilled chicken thighs ever” ignorant to the ancient roots.

also amazing with quail, shark, swordfish, and light game.
Rookhawk
Why , you are familiar with tandoori chicken ? I never knew that it was popular in Western countries. It is delicious . I eat it twice a week

Thank you , Shootist43. Below , l have written the recipe for a grilled steak of sambhur deer .
Ingredients :
-One 8 ounce steak of sambhur deer , cut from the sirloin region , with the fatty side kept intact .
- Fine grain salt
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Vegetable oil
Method : Heat a hot grill pan or griddle pan over a high heat on a stove . Then , cut slits across the line of fat on the sirloin . This is done to get the steak to lay as flat as possible and ensure even cooking throughout the whole steak .
Season the entire steak with salt and black pepper . Then salt the fatty edge of the sirloin and pour a little vegetable oil over the fatty side of the steak . Put the steak on the hot grill pan , fatty side down , first . This causes all the molten fat to run out of the steak and lubricate the grooves of the grill , which means that the steak is essentially cooking in it's own fat . After 2 minutes , lay the steak flat .
Cooking time is dependent upon desired doneness.
A rare sambhur deer sirloin steak will need 2 minutes on each side .
A medium sambhur deer sirloin steak will need around 3 minutes on each side .
A well done sambhur deer sirloin steak will need about 4 minutes.
I happen to like mine rare , with Dijon mustard on the side .
However , 2 things must be remembered :
1) Venison is far leaner and has less fat than a beef sirloin.
2) The thinner the steak , the lesser the cooking time .

By the way , when you attempt this recipe , please let me know the weight of the sirloin which you are using , so that l can calculate the adjustment in cooking time accordingly , Shootist43. For example , cheetal deer yield smaller sirloin steaks than a sambhur deer .

@Major Khan there is a gourmet cut of meat from Brazil known as Picanha. (apologies, the English spelling is not correct as the Portuguese language has more characters).

It is the steak you descibe, but rolled/curled in a letter C shape with skewers. It is then grilled with salt over an open fire and paper thin slices are cut from the piece every few moments. It is my absolute favorite steak preparation:

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
@Major Khan there is a gourmet cut of meat from Brazil known as Picanha. (apologies, the English spelling is not correct as the Portuguese language has more characters).

It is the steak you descibe, but rolled/curled in a letter C shape with skewers. It is then grilled with salt over an open fire and paper thin slices are cut from the piece every few moments. It is my absolute favorite steak preparation:

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_20181001_170907.jpg
IMG_20181001_171405.jpg

I absolutely love picanha steaks , Rookhawk . I have eaten it myself on numerous visits to Great Britain , at a steak house called " Porter House Grill " .
Unfortunately , in Bangladesh , butchers offer sirloin , fillet mignon , rib eye , T bone , porter house and rump steaks only . Only when we butcher our own cattle , do l get access to picanha steaks .
My personal favorite , is the hanger steak , known in France as the onglet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!