Best Deal for a hunt right now

ar15meister

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
The British Colombia government just shut down the whole province's crown land for 30 days to combat forest fires. This means that my Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep hunt I was leaving Wednesday for has been cancelled by the outfitter.

My dance card is now looking empty. I am heading to RSA again next year to hunt plains game (I got drunk at the SCI banquet and bought a safari for no reason).

What is the best deal out there for a cancellation right now...Africa or not?

does anyone know a really good booking agent for this sort of thing?

I am open to anywhere.

Damn Royal.... I was just looking at that, thinking if it stayed available late enough I might be able to squeeze it in;)

I do think this is the answer to the question though...

The British Colombia government just shut down the whole province's crown land for 30 days to combat forest fires. This means that my Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep hunt I was leaving Wednesday for has been cancelled by the outfitter.

My dance card is now looking empty. I am heading to RSA again next year to hunt plains game (I got drunk at the SCI banquet and bought a safari for no reason).

What is the best deal out there for a cancellation right now...Africa or not?

does anyone know a really good booking agent for this sort of thing?

I am open to anywhere.

Another way to phrase the question might be..."any AH outfitters have late season cancellation hunts available for 2017?"

We have hunts still available

Pm sent we have availability

Damn Royal.... I was just looking at that, thinking if it stayed available late enough I might be able to squeeze it in;)

I do think this is the answer to the question though...

It's a heck of a value for sure!

@ar15meister look at some of the late elephant hunts. If you are in sheep shape now would be a good time to do it. I underestimated the amount of walking you do for elephants. It's a fun hunt, a tough hunt, but you will get to do somethibg truly special.

There is a heck of a deal on elephant in Zimbabwe! Advertised here on AH!

Side note the whole province hasn't been closed. The most recent is the east kootaney Forest area where I'm sure your hunt was. It just was announced yesterday.

Super unfortunate. We're scheduled to go in for elk and moose out of fort Nelson. Luckily it's not as dry up there.

Spear Safaris has a late season deal, hunt has to be taken before end of the end of November, only one hunt available .

It is a Hunt for 1 Cape Buffalo bull under 38".
Hunt price of $7995.00 includes 7 nights, trophy fee for a Bull of the description above, tax.
Other plains game can be taken. Additional hunters are welcome at $300 per day 2x1, observers are welcome at $200 per day, excl 14% vat.
Closest commercial airport is Phalaborwa.

@ar15meister look at some of the late elephant hunts. If you are in sheep shape now would be a good time to do it. I underestimated the amount of walking you do for elephants. It's a fun hunt, a tough hunt, but you will get to do somethibg truly special.
WE HAVE AVAILABILITY

The hunt with Leopard Legends is a dry area (desert) Elephant hunt in Namibia hunt of a lifetime, and not bad price.

hi there

we have some space
pm sent
regards

Thank you for all of the replies. I got to talk to a couple of outfitters that I would be interested in hunting with in future.

I actually ended up booking an Ibex hunt in Kyrgyzstan and I leave October 1st. I am very excited for this challenge. My decision was made based on the difficulty level of the hunt given the fact that I am currently in very good shape. My hunting partners also wanted to take advantage of their conditioning and head somewhere in the mountains.

Should be exciting.

Thank you all again.

Thank you for all of the replies. I got to talk to a couple of outfitters that I would be interested in hunting with in future.

I actually ended up booking an Ibex hunt in Kyrgyzstan and I leave October 1st. I am very excited for this challenge. My decision was made based on the difficulty level of the hunt given the fact that I am currently in very good shape. My hunting partners also wanted to take advantage of their conditioning and head somewhere in the mountains.

Should be exciting.

Thank you all again.
Kyrgyzstan is a real adventure hunt hope you enjoy! Who did you book with?
Philip

Exciting hunt coming up, look forward to the report!

Good luck and shoot straight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg