Best Country in Europe for Hunting

Saul

AH elite
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
I am not sure that this is the right place for this, but I will try it here. I apologize in advance if I placed it wrong.
Anyway, since I have been doing such an increasingly large amount of business in Europe recently, I have been thinking that it would make sense to buy a home somewhere in Europe. Since most of my business is done in London, Paris, and Budapest, I was thinking of a place there.
My problem is that if I will be living in there for such extended visits, I would like to be able to hunt there too, because this will also become a vacation home as well.
My partner is dead set on a house on the Isle of Man. While this is a nice area, I have heard that gettin access to guns and the ability to hunt in the UK is very difficult. He just loves how close it is to London and how jt is on the ocean with the ability to own many acres of private land. He also likes how there is not speed limit.
This is why I was leaning more towards a home in Hungary (it doesn't hurt that I can speak Hungarian). Plus, bowhunting is very popular in Hungary.
The kind of hunting I am interested in doing is mainly wingshooting (being that it is my first hunting love) and also some bowhunting and maybe rifle as well. Hunting boar in Hungary with a double rifle is fun but I have heard that hunting roe buck is very popular in the UK.
In summary, what I may be asking for might be impossible. Does anyone have any opinions on the places that I have mentioned, or know of other places that are great hunting destinations and very gun-friendly for visitors, but also great places to visit. Being close to London, Paris, and Budapest is a must.
If you do know of a perfect place, please mention it. If you can even put me in contact with someone in real estate in this perfect location, that would be even better.
Thanks everyone for putting up with my questions. It's awfully damn hard to find insight into this sort of element of a country by doing real estate searches. If any online community knows, it has to be AH.com

hi saul there is plenty of wingshooting in the uk and deer stalking, and within easy driving distance of the heathrow/gatwick areas . you dont want to be in london as the house prices are way above other areas. you cant bow hunt though. not sure how the law is on people from overseas and owning a property in uk buying guns. i have put this link for you to see if it gives any info that might help http://itapgroup.com/ also try emailing chrishorne@itapgroup and he should be able to help with the estate agent part and the buying of firearms.the isle of man is a bit out of the way for hopping on a plane to paris or budapest as you would have to go via elswhere. france and hungary are both good for hunting but i have only shot wildboar and 0ne red stag in these countries, so hopefully someone else here can give you some info/links to help. for wingshooting though the uk is probably tops, although you can get cheaper pheasant shooting in hungary i think.

Thanks a lot. That is a great looking site.

It's amazing that you will likely be able to buy property, live there, do business and the hardest part will be the firearms possession for hunting.
If I find anything I'll let you know. Good luck Saul.

Never been to Hungary myself, but a friend of mine who is a hunting outfitter does a lot of hunting there and says it is really great. Ducks, pheasants, boars, red deer, fallow deer, roe deer, mouflon, and you are close to Romania, with good hunting too.

Go for the UK. No language barriers and cheap access to the EU as you know. Lots and lots of shooting available.
Spike.t can help with the legislative requirements but I believe it can be quite easy to get a shotgun license compared to here in Oz.
Join a syndicate if you can and they will help.

Unless you know someone, I believe hunting on the continent can be quite expensive.

Language won't be a problem because I do speak Hungarian. Access to London is important and I don't know how hard that is from the Isle of Man.

Has anyone heard of/hunted in Hampshire, England? Chef Marco Pierre White lives there and constantly hunts and fishes the area.

Ireland ? English widely spoken.:LOL: Dublin airport,direct flights to London,Paris and Budapest.
Pretty good shooting, deer season is six months long,September to February. Sika,fallow and red.
Game bird shooting ducks from September to January ,pheasant,snipe,woodcock.
Pigeon shooting during the summer.

Property values in Dublin would be nowhere near London or Paris.

In fact if you do end up here I will make a point of getting you started shooting here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 390
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 395
Ireland ? English widely spoken.:LOL: Dublin airport,direct flights to London,Paris and Budapest.
Pretty good shooting, deer season is six months long,September to February. Sika,fallow and red.
Game bird shooting ducks from September to January ,pheasant,snipe,woodcock.
Pigeon shooting during the summer.

Property values in Dublin would be nowhere near London or Paris.

In fact if you do end up here I will make a point of getting you started shooting here.
I didn't even consider Ireland, and it sure seems to make more sense than Thr Isle of Man. The problems I see with Ireland are getting property on Thr ocean seems hard, which is very important to my partner. Also, I would assume that bowhunting is illegal in Ireland, which is still a huge selling point of Budapest.
This is basically coming down to convincing my partner. He wants huge acreage property on the ocean. I really only care about great hunting.

We do have an enormous coastline. Much bigger than Hungary ! Unless you count Lake Balaton.
True,bow hunting has been banned here since 1976. Not impossible to find coastal or lakeside properties of substantial size in Ireland.
If you want to pm me I can supply you with the details of some of our larger estate agents.

Are you on LinkedIn ?

Language won't be a problem because I do speak Hungarian. Access to London is important and I don't know how hard that is from the Isle of Man.

Has anyone heard of/hunted in Hampshire, England? Chef Marco Pierre White lives there and constantly hunts and fishes the area.

ireland has some stunning coastal scenery , not back long from a visit to donegal as my brothers wife is from there. here is a link to the uk deer seasons and requirements http://basc.org.uk/cop/deer-stalking/ . as an american you probably would be surprised at the amount of deer stalking, wingshooting, rough shooting, fishing ,clay shooting and rifle shooting that takes place in the uk. there is plenty of stalking in hampshire and its nice country. another link http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/content.php?s=b72636785d9b17e827392c0d6969ef61, ...estate agents as examples http://www.fineandcountry.co.uk/ , http://www.savills.co.uk/

Thanks again everyone. Some very good resources here.
I thought I heard that the Isle of Man has its own airport. Is this true and will it fly to other countries or just the mainland?
It is surprising the amount of hunting that goes on within Europe, but the UK especially, even involving surpressors and the like, for such a liberal, anti-hunting population. Seems that the silent majority is still hunting.
Also, if you own a path enough property (say 100 acres or so) would it be possible to hunt on it?

as far as i know flights from the isle of man only go to uk regional and main airports http://www.gov.im/categories/travel,-traffic-and-motoring/isle-of-man-airport . maybe email the basc about the yesses and nos of what type of property you can hunt on. as long as its not in a built up area i would have thought it would be ok, but check with them. the link to basc in my previous post should give you the email address

Hungary without a doubt.
By far the country in Europe that has the most to offer when it comes to hunting.
Specially for bowhunters.
And it is in the middle between many other great hunting countries. So you will have a rather short travel to hunt other species too.

Hello Saul.

I have been hunting Hungary three times, I recommend you absolutely. There you have lots of big game hunting, red deer, fallow deer, roe deer, mouflon, and wild boar. If you can, try to hunt in the rut season, it´s an unforgettable natural show, and huge trophies of red deer. If you speak hungarian, no doubt, go to Hungary. Viena´s airport is close to many hunting areas in Hungary, and conected by highway.

In UK you can try roe deer, muntjac, chinese water deer, and other introduced deers. Lots of wing shooting also in the UK.

PM me if you want more info.

And don´t forget the country of Nyati and mine: Spain! Red legged patridge driven hunts, spanish ibex, chamois, audad, deers, boars, etc....

Jose

Go to Bulgaria, fly to Sofia and enjoy the culture and one of the best hunting in the world ! Nice people / beatiful girls :) /huge red stags and wild boars, what more you need in life ?

Go to Bulgaria, fly to Sofia and enjoy the culture and one of the best hunting in the world ! Nice people / beatiful girls :) /huge red stags and wild boars, what more you need in life ?

Great wine ! In Spain we have the best wine in the world ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg