Best Broadheads for 50# bow

Keep in mind that no game animal is lost because of too much penetration, you just have to look at some of the big five hunts to see what hunters are using to get consistent performance. We watch a lot of U Tube videos and see many hunts where mechanical s have poor penetration but they still recover the game so they think they performed great when they would have got pass throughs using coc broadheads.

Exactly my point Jeff... I have to hand it to marketing department at Rage which has run a very successful "celebrity-heavy" sales campaign for many years. I cringe every time I see footage of these guys taking shots and the animal runs off with at least 2/3rds of the arrow hanging out of the side... This Chuck Adams endorsement they ran a few years back comes to mind...

rage photo.jpg

Ramcat. I took an aoudad in TX with a ramcat on a 360 spine Easton FMJ deep 6 and a 55# bow (short draw), and it smoked him.

To each their own. Ive shot them all. Never once have I had any penetration issues with a good strong COC like Solid or Magnus. G5 Montecs penetrate great but in my experiences they leave poor blood trails.

The granular mono flow technology on the Montecs seem to make getting them really sharp almost impossible. The ones I have had experience with were not razor sharp out of the package!

Firehuntfish: The no-issues means that at 20 yds, my father put a Grim Reaper 125 gr, Razor Tip broadhead through the near shoulder (ball and blade of bone) of a whitetail, through the near lung, top of the heart, the far lung, and imbedded itself into the outside of the far shoulder ball and bone, almost making a full pass through. He still has the far side shoulder ball and blade with the broadhead in it along with the rack and shaft. The animal didn't make it another 20 yds and expired due to massive blood loss and suffocation.

I've never seen a Shwacker or Rage broadhead do this much damage. All those companies are is hype and lots of propaganda to sell a product. I had a buddy that used Grim Reapers and got bored with his success, so he tried the others and was pissed because he didn't get the same or better with the Shwackers, Rage (two and three head),or the NAP Spitfires. So, he went back to being bored and having the same success with the Grim Reaper broadheads.

Trust me, I understand about needing to send people to be successful on a hunt and not want to have any failures with any product. That was one reason I went with the Grim Reapers. No matter IF, one or more of the blades flopped out during flight or entry, the arrow still flew true like a field point and never wandered after impact. I also understand that whitetail doesn't compare to any African plains game either.

It all boils down to what works for the individual and what their level of success is, not someone else's opinion on various products. Good luck and stay safe.

The granular mono flow technology on the Montecs seem to make getting them really sharp almost impossible. The ones I have had experience with were not razor sharp out of the package!

This was my experience with the montecs... and was why I ditched them in favor of magnus stingers..

I tried 3 packs of 125gr montecs (9 broadheads total).. all were only moderately sharp out of the box... and even after trying several different sharpening systems I couldn’t ever get them where I wanted them in terms of sharpness..

I picked up a couple of packs of the stingers at the recommendation of a friend, and haven’t looked back since.. all 6 broadheads were razor sharp right out of the packaging.. and are extremely easy to touch up and get back to a razors edge if you ever dull them a bit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois