Best Bond is dead. Sir Sean Connery!

Yes he was easily the best Bond. The very first film set the tone and class that is 007. So many great films over the years. He will be missed.
Philip

Last edited by a moderator:
As the PR at the time said, Sean Connery is James Bond. He will be missed.

The first of the series that I saw in a theater was "Goldfinger" in 1964 when I was twelve. Took a lot of work on mom and dad to get permission to go. As I remember, I had already read half a dozen of Ian Fleming's novels.

Sean Connery was the antithesis of the woke, pampered, gender confused "star" of today's Hollywood.

No one could ever say "Bond. James Bond ...." quite like him.

I vividly remember going to see Goldfinger. Went with older sister and her girlfriend to see it at Reese AFB. Tickets cost one dollar. I was 15 and soon had my nose in every Bond book available.

Hunt for Red October is still my favorite movie (and book) of all time. Connery was one of a kind.

Great actor. It is a true loss.

I was never really a Bond fan growing up so I never really followed the series. Recently one of the cable channels had a marathon which I recorded. I have to say out of all the persons portraying 007, he took the cake.

My he rest in power. I may speak for many when I say Connery made Bond rather than the other way

Aye . He is dead now . 90 years is a good result for anyone.
I lost interest in the man years ago when he decided to meddle in politics, a "professional Scotsman" , tax -exile not living in Scotland and wobbling on about the Scottish Independence referendum. Hey ho. Never speak ill of the dead .

90, we can all wish for!
Goldfinger, yep I remember it well at the drive-in theater along with the lovely teenage girl I made out with in the back seat of my baby blue and white ‘55 Chevy Belair sport coupe! She was a doll! ie, both were dolls! (Chevy and Linda!)

He was truly one of the greats in all of his movies that I seen him in.

“Shaken, not stirred“, Rosa Klebb, Oddjob, Dr No, Felix Leiter, boyhood dreams, they were all great and he’ll be sadly missed.

what you saw was what you got.

90, we can all wish for!
Goldfinger, yep I remember it well at the drive-in theater along with the lovely teenage girl I made out with in the back seat of my baby blue and white ‘55 Chevy Belair sport coupe! She was a doll! ie, both were dolls! (Chevy and Linda!)
Almost the same for me, only a '56 Bel Air coupe, on Route 202 in Birmingham, PA. Man, those were the days.

Great actor, maybe wife has always liked him, he is a bit old for her though.

Easily one of my Favorite actors RIP 007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.