Best Binocular Harness?

Everybody is a different size and likes to carry the binos at a different height.

I tried several on in the store and settle on a very basic model. Adjustable, leather centre anchor in the back, quickly release clips to attach to the binos.

Similar to this one.

basic harness.jpg

It's great, its light weight. You don't sweat, etc.

The biggest issue is when you are bending down or crawling. The bins swing down into the ground.

So, something to hold the objective end in tight when needed would be a welcome addition.

Something like this idea. Not settled yet in my mind.

80010-4.jpg

The harness was not to my liking.
I've gone back to the old, original over-the-shoulder strap.
Cheers.

Brickburn - I like the first one you showed, the one with the lether centre anchor. What brand are they and/or where could I get it?

What is the brand name of the of the second one?

I have the first one and think there has to be some thing better.

BHSF300

I have a local harness maker build me 1 1/2 inch wide at the center - smooth leather straps (which taper to the ends) and hang the binos over the right shoulder across my chest so that the glass rides on my left hip (twice as long as a typical bino strap). The wide strap distributes weight, I don't have anything stapled to my chest, and the smooth leather allows me to slide them up without a sound. Been carrying them that way for a decade and never found anything better.

Last edited:
The harness was not to my liking.
I've gone back to the old, original over-the-shoulder strap.
Cheers.

I'm with Velo Dog here. I tried to like harnesses and just plain gave up on them. I couldn't get used to the bins flopping around on my chest and every time I went to raise the rifle I was banging into them for whatever reason.

I go with the over the shoulder strap as well, with the bins on my left. It just works.

I'm with Velo Dog here. I tried to like harnesses and just plain gave up on them. I couldn't get used to the bins flopping around on my chest and every time I went to raise the rifle I was banging into them for whatever reason.

I go with the over the shoulder strap as well, with the bins on my left. It just works.

I think i better take the original strap just in case i don't like it. thanks for the input.

I use Swarovski bino straps that I buy here in RSA. They have the centre leather "collector piece" but have Elastic ADJUSTABLE straps with clip ons to attach the binos... the binos tend to hand very well and stay close to your chest and out of the way, as it were. When you need them... just raise them to your eyes and the elastic stretches.
Have tried the non - elastic varieties but they are just a hassle and get in the way.

+1 for throwing them over your shoulder they stay under your arm until needed and can be thrown behind your back if really needed to get out of your way...

image.jpg

Cabelas is where I got mine.

^^^

Charlie,

Your harness is defective.... it has a leak... :A Banana Sad:

Yep it was lacemaking bad

I personally feel that binocular harness that holds the binocular firmly in your chest as shown in Caustin's picture worked out well for me. It's convenient to use and it doesn't hurt my neck.

I got a very nice Kuiu harness for Christmas last year. I only use it in bad weather now.

I found that the plain Cabelas harness that I have used for many years is more comfortable and convenient.

I have used an Alaska Guide Creations system for nearly a decade. My pouch hold my 8x32 Ziess Victory Fl Binoculars, Leica 1200RF, Bang match and tinder, Petzl Headlamp an finally a couple of reduced loads for coup de grace.
http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/store/
The owner, Jaret is a delight to talk too.

However, in Africa, I found that there were so many rocks, that the bag blocked my visibility to place my feet. I soon ditched the bag and just used the binocular strap to sling it over the shoulder. This worked well, except the neoprene strap dragged on the clothing when I went to rotate/slide the binocular from under my left arm to my face to glass. So, next time, I will devise a system that allows the binocular to slide more freely over the clothing.

In my never ending quest for a better mouse trap, I am tempted to try the FHF bag.
http://fhfgear.com/hunting/bino-harness/
Supposed to be highly rated by those who have tried them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg