Best airline to Zimbabwe?

If stopping over night in JNB with firearms I suppose they need to be cleared etc in JoBerg? Or can they be held for the AirLink flight without a SA permit?

It seems like I remember that you will need a transit permit. But this is a good question for Henry @riflepermits.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If stopping over night in JNB with firearms I suppose they need to be cleared etc in JoBerg? Or can they be held for the AirLink flight without a SA permit?
No you go ahead and do "The JNB Hustle" and get Riflepermits.com to have everything ready for you on arrival.

Thanks. I may take your advice. How about coming home? Any reason why I can't charter from camp first thing in the AM, take Airlink from Harare to Jo'burg in time for the evening flight back to ATL?
Yes that is what we will do this year. We dont have to leave super early because the Airlink flight departs HRE at 1:25 and the Delta flight is leaving at 10:55PM. The charter for us saves two days of travel!

I am taking Qatar to Harare. There is a stop in Doha. 22-hours total I believe. The were the least expensive and shortest flight from Dulles(IAD).

Thanks. I may take your advice. How about coming home? Any reason why I can't charter from camp first thing in the AM, take Airlink from Harare to Jo'burg in time for the evening flight back to ATL?
Yes that is what we will do. You have all day to make that late DL 201 flight so there is a long layover in JNB. That is a good time to relax with a cold drink and retell stories of the hunt!
Now you are getting me excited to go back to Zim!

Yes we use our AH sponsor Riflepermits.com, who has a new website by the way with new features for uploding docs, for preapproval on arrival. This way it is quick and we can have dinner and get some rest. There have been some that have managed to have the guns kept in the airport but I dont recommend it. A friend got the real JNB shakedown one time in this scenario.

I have taken both Qatar and Emirates with a slight edge to Qatar.
Id love to fly Emirates business class. The layover in Dubai for us is 23 hours however!

Yes that is what we will do. You have all day to make that late DL 201 flight so there is a long layover in JNB. That is a good time to relax with a cold drink and retell stories of the hunt!
Now you are getting me excited to go back to Zim!
Yea, I hear you. I'm already planning flights for August 2024. Ha!

Yea, I hear you. I'm already planning flights for August 2024. Ha!
I'll take the same route in July of 2024. I am just like you and already thinking about all our options. I have to take into account where everyone in my group is departing from as well as time and cost of the flights. Many variables!

I'll take the same route in July of 2024. I am just like you and already thinking about all our options. I have to take into account where everyone in my group is departing from as well as time and cost of the flights. Many variables!
I'm headed to Nyakasanga. Where are you going?

I'm headed to Nyakasanga. Where are you going?
I am going back to the Omay with a group And possibly my youngest son (would be 18 by then). It's a passion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg