Best .300 win mag rifle?

Dragan miloševič

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
USA
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new rifle that will be used for plains game and big game in North America.nive been searching all over the web to find the best .300 win mag recommendations. What would be your guys' preferred .300 win mag? I've been looking at a sako a7, browning xbolt composite ss. Which is the most accurate? It also must be composite stock with stainless steel barrel and fit within the price range of $1,150. Thank you guys so much.

Winchester 70 extreme ss sounds like what you're looking for to me...

I shoot the older SAKOs so I'm biased, I love Brownings, check out the Tikkas, too.

What rifle(s) do you own now? I'm one of those brand loyal people but it's because I want all my guns the same (safety, trigger, scope mounts, etc...)

Reactions: lcq
I shoot the older SAKOs so I'm biased, I love Brownings, check out the Tikkas, too.

What rifle(s) do you own now? I'm one of those brand loyal people but it's because I want all my guns the same (safety, trigger, scope mounts, etc...)

Tikka / Sako barrels made in the same factory. My T3 drives tacks. No brand loyalty I have Savage, remington, Tikka bolts and they all shoot. All shot out of the box except the Rem 700 SPS where I had to lap the lugs and replace the stock. The cheap rem 783 was sub moa out of the box even with swift A-Frames.

Great advice!

Define best. It's quite challenging when you think about it. I have a Model 70 Super Grade that I love. Long barrel to use up all that powder, accurate, a bit on the heavy side making recoil quite easy, well balanced.....just love everything about it for an African PG hunt.

But I wouldn't want to lug that rifle up and down mountains on an elk hunt. If I were doing that it'd be a Tikka T3 Lite for just a little more than $500. All the T3's I've had were freaking accurate, flawlessly functioning perfect hunting tools. Not much to look at, but the best for certain situations.

Take a look at the ruger guide gun.

Define best. It's quite challenging when you think about it. I have a Model 70 Super Grade that I love. Long barrel to use up all that powder, accurate, a bit on the heavy side making recoil quite easy, well balanced.....just love everything about it for an African PG hunt.

But I wouldn't want to lug that rifle up and down mountains on an elk hunt. If I were doing that it'd be a Tikka T3 Lite for just a little more than $500. All the T3's I've had were freaking accurate, flawlessly functioning perfect hunting tools. Not much to look at, but the best for certain situations.

I bought my T3 300wsm in laminate and added a bit of weight to it to keep the recoil from lossening my fillings, can't imagine how bad the T3 light must kick in 300 mag

I bought my T3 300wsm in laminate and added a bit of weight to it to keep the recoil from lossening my fillings, can't imagine how bad the T3 light must kick in 300 mag

She was a lively little vixen I can promise you. A friend of mine now owns her. I still have a .308 Win in the house, my older son's rifle. Just stupid how accurate that rifle is and how easy load development was.

I accidentally ended up with a very nice rifle i had never heard of. A Zastava model 70 Mauser. Mine is in 300 win mag. They run under 700$ very reasonable for the quality and fit and finish and a control round feed Mauser action. There made in the former Yugoslavia and I've was completely surprised by the quality and accuracy of this rifle. Would leave you $ for a better optics. I'll dig mine out and post pics

She was a lively little vixen I can promise you. A friend of mine now owns her. I still have a .308 Win in the house, my older son's rifle. Just stupid how accurate that rifle is and how easy load development was.

Exact same experience with my son's Tikka 223 and 270. Easiest loads I've eve worked up. Since Tikka doesn't make a 375 he's now torn between the 338 Win Mag (His Choice) and the 9.3X62 (my recommendation!!)

KIMG0072.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg