Beretta double rifles

Roseman

AH member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I have read most of the posts re: double rifles and I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned the Beretta double.
Do they manufacture a serviceable firearm or do you find it lacking.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

I have fired a Beretta over under in a 458 Win Before the craftsmanship was spectacular with gold inlay and great engraving it was retailing for around $70K a bit higher than the average krieghoff and or Merkel...

It could have just been the particular firearm not sure but it was exceptional!

My best always

Roseman,

One of my amigos used to have a Beretta O/U, in 9.3x74R (with spare 20 gauge barrels).

I believe it was called the "Sable" Model.

It was very accurate / regulated well, with 285 gr Nosler partitions, @ about 2350 FPS.

However the solid rib fell off the rifle barrels one day and Beretta USA gave him the Royal Run-Around about it.

To include sending it to Hastings or some similar shotgun barrel / choke company, to have it re-attached.

Either they did a sloppy / lumpy job of soldering it back on or else it fell of again (I do not remember which).

And then the Royal Run-Around resumed, but on steroids this time.

He sold it "as is", with a sober oath that he would never own another Beretta product, as long as he lived.

I do like Beretta products, and If I could afford it, I'd like to own one of their side by side .500 Nitro doubles, with 26" ejector barrels.

Saw one one time but, it cost about twice what my first house cost, back in 1975.

Cheers,
Velo Dog

Welcome to AH, Roseman !

All this talk about double rifles lately is killing me..LOL. I'm halfway done with a Searcy double in 470 nitro on layaway. Now that the IRS has been paid...I can get back to business. I can't wait...I can't wait..

Welcome , I have a silver sable in 9.3 x 74 and not only is it a fine rifle to shoot but very pleasing to the eye. A great package in all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross