Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
I believe 2019 was the last hunting season for Atacora in Benin, I ran into Christophe and Jean Luc at DSC in 2020 and asked if they will ever hunt in Benin again and they said no, I hope they change there mind and the situation improves!!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Yep, it was on my short list after Burkina Faso went south, then Benin. Not going to be any good for a while I dont think, if ever.

Reactions: WAB

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Agreed. I should have jumped on BF when I had the chance.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
I believe 2019 was the last hunting season for Atacora in Benin, I ran into Christophe and Jean Luc at DSC in 2020 and asked if they will ever hunt in Benin again and they said no, I hope they change there mind and the situation improves!!

They told me the same thing. Just for clarification, the reason they will probably not hunt there again had nothing to do with the Islamic terrorist's across the border, but with concession issues with the government.

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
They told me the same thing. Just for clarification, the reason they will probably not hunt there again had nothing to do with the Islamic terrorist's across the border, but with concession issues with the government.
@Wheels, that may be true, but in speaking with Christophe some time ago he made it pretty clear that the security situation had become untenable, and I believe things have only gotten worse since then. The hunting took place primarily in concessions abutting Pendjari National Park, a park shared with Burkina Faso, and an area which has become a centre of Islamist activity.

I have a pretty high tolerance for risk (I was in northern Cameroon when special forces were looking for Boko Haram coming in from Nigeria, and in Ethiopia during a nation-wide internet lockdown and uprising), but I wouldn't be visiting Benin any time soon. And that's a shame, because the area is really wonderful and one of those rare parts of "olde Africa" where you can leave the modern world far behind.

neckdeep

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
Hunter's Network is sending people to the same general area last season but I don't know of anyone else hunting up there, they are the group that sent ton's of people to Burkina Faso, terrorist's burned the camp in Burkina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uoowmiz

Latest profile posts

ABOUT US

We believe that a hunter's experience should be cherished, and so we offer a service that honours those unique and special memories and equips you to tell your adventure story. Every part of your journey with us, from communication to craftsmanship is carefully considered in order to create an experience worth remembering.
Services Flyer 2.jpg
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.