Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
I believe 2019 was the last hunting season for Atacora in Benin, I ran into Christophe and Jean Luc at DSC in 2020 and asked if they will ever hunt in Benin again and they said no, I hope they change there mind and the situation improves!!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Yep, it was on my short list after Burkina Faso went south, then Benin. Not going to be any good for a while I dont think, if ever.

Reactions: WAB

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Agreed. I should have jumped on BF when I had the chance.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
I believe 2019 was the last hunting season for Atacora in Benin, I ran into Christophe and Jean Luc at DSC in 2020 and asked if they will ever hunt in Benin again and they said no, I hope they change there mind and the situation improves!!

They told me the same thing. Just for clarification, the reason they will probably not hunt there again had nothing to do with the Islamic terrorist's across the border, but with concession issues with the government.

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
They told me the same thing. Just for clarification, the reason they will probably not hunt there again had nothing to do with the Islamic terrorist's across the border, but with concession issues with the government.
@Wheels, that may be true, but in speaking with Christophe some time ago he made it pretty clear that the security situation had become untenable, and I believe things have only gotten worse since then. The hunting took place primarily in concessions abutting Pendjari National Park, a park shared with Burkina Faso, and an area which has become a centre of Islamist activity.

I have a pretty high tolerance for risk (I was in northern Cameroon when special forces were looking for Boko Haram coming in from Nigeria, and in Ethiopia during a nation-wide internet lockdown and uprising), but I wouldn't be visiting Benin any time soon. And that's a shame, because the area is really wonderful and one of those rare parts of "olde Africa" where you can leave the modern world far behind.

neckdeep

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
Hunter's Network is sending people to the same general area last season but I don't know of anyone else hunting up there, they are the group that sent ton's of people to Burkina Faso, terrorist's burned the camp in Burkina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pureverags

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg