Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, USA
Purchased this wonderful rifle a couple months back and I think it may be the sweetest shooting 300 mag I have ever owned. 3/4 inch groups with the recoil of a 270 . Benelli got everything about this gun right . Recoil pad that actually reduces recoil . Ergonomics is exceptional. Threaded for brake or suppressor. 4+1. Nice flush box mag. 60 degree bolt throw. Comes with picatinny rail for excellent mounting stability.
The reason I am selling it is on the cover of the Sports Afield May /June issue which I had not noticed until a week or so ago.
Same gun but with walnut AA stock. I am smitten and impulsive and now I bought one. Please buy my my Lupo for $1099 shipped anywhere in lower 48.
Best deal you are ever gonna find on a really great gun for Elk or Africa.

Image1662939896.020546.jpg
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
$995.00 shipped! Virtually new!

How many rounds through it? What is the barrel length? What is the barrel twist? What is the rifle weight?
Bruce

Less than 20 . Sighted it in . That’s all . Barrel is 1 in 11 and 24 inches long. Weight for bare rifle is 7 1/2 lbs.

Yes , push feed

I’m gonna make a call in the morning about moving another .300 I have and if it moves I’ll take it.

Sounds great , you will not be sorry! Only reason I’m selling is I bought the model with fancy walnut.

Still for sale !

Bump ! Can’t lower this gun !

What are your thoughts on the trigger on this rifle? Both pull weight and the location? I always thought it was a unique design but have never got to hold one.

Nice crisp trigger. I am up at my cabin in central Montana and don’t have that gun with me but I will get back to you in a few days when my setter is done with his bird hunting.

I do have the walnut LUPO. This is the reason why my first LUPO is for sale.

I am really having trouble with picture clarity.

What are your thoughts on the trigger on this rifle? Both pull weight and the location? I always thought it was a unique design but have never got to hold one.

Ok i am back home now and have the gun in hand. The ergonomics of the trigger I find excellent and very natural . Looks different but feels great. Pull weight is approximately 3.5 with no creep and very crisp . Don’t have a measuring device but you can adjust pull weight
I think Benelli made a very nice rifle using a lot of knowledge from their shotgun side.
Also I am going to post another pic of my new gun with the walnut since the last one was so blurry

Image1664298524.823396.jpg

And I will add a picture of both so to enable you to compare.
My first thoughts are they both shoot 3/4 inch groups with Barnes ttsx 180 grain loads.
My second thought is the walnut stock will not be subjected to Montana hunting . The walnut is for a hunt where the wood is safe. Guess I am going for some Texas stand hunting!

Image1664299460.749981.jpg

Somebody please buy my black Lupo for $995 shipped or it is going to have to go to Gunbroker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg