AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
It's been about 8-9 years since my finisher and I walked out of Animal Artistry.
I worked there and met Jamie, a former Michigan Resident also, during this time.
I had enough of Reno and asked him if he would take a shot and move back with me and I would start The Artistry of Wildlife. I had worked in my own studo for over 25 years before going to Animal Artistry but working for someone else wasn't doing it for me. My artistic side was being held back.

I told Jamie he would always have a job and paycheck even from the start.
He agreed, I left for Michigan with my trailer, my dog and $500.00 in my pocket and Jamie in tow.

Well last week, We delivered the 98, 99, and 100th personally delivered SAFARIS to our clients. This does not include shipped by truck deliveries of safaris or clients picking them up at our studio..This is only African Safari's delivered. Were are now starting to count the next 100, leaving in 3-4 weeks for Tennesee/Florida delivery

Our trailers and truck have criss-crossed the country over the years and have been from Maine to Arizona, Florida to Colorado and Montana and just about everywhere in between.

The last load was the final mounts of one of one of our clients in Bay St Louis, and 2 additional clients safari's in Gulfport and Oliver Mississippi.

You can get 3 cape buffalo,2 are pedestals 2 wall pedestal kudu, 2 wall pedestal nyala,1 wall pedestal wildebeest, one wall pedestal Impala,1 floor pedestal Giraffe, 1 pedestal Sable,1 each of the following lifesize mounts baboon, grysbok, bushbuck, oribi, steenbok, red duiker,2 bush duikers, a corner base for the lifesize 6' by 6' and all the pedestal bases for the shoulder mounts and giraffe into a 20' trailer we do it all the time.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Some of the mounts now in Mississippi and the here is the emails I got at the end of the week when aftr the truck and trailer arrived back in Michigan.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Excuse the tape on the Kudu Leg, base was bring painted.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

--------------------------------------

Emails

Dennis,

Once again the artistry and quality of your work has amazed me. The creativity and
uniqueness of the dual Cape Buffalo pedestal mount is simply phenomenal. The
Giraffe and Duikers diorama is overwhelming. The mounts look perfect despite the
fact that several were badly damaged by the harvesting shot. I cannot thank you
enough for all your hard work, dedication, and professionalism. Not one single
detail was overlooked.

Your delivery team deserves high praise. Everything arrived in perfect condition
and set up under the harsh conditions of a South Mississippi summer heat wave
without incident. Please pass my gratitude on to the team.

I heard that you had a great lion safari recently. What safari outfit did you employ?

Thanks again for everything. I will hopefully have the opportunity to send you more
work soon and of course I will refer all my hunting buddies to you.
Sincerely,
Brian Anthony MD

-------------------------------

Dennis - what a fabulous job you did on my animals. I'm delighted. I'll see how this year goes retired and will be considering a lion/leopard hunt.

Thanks again

Sydney Smith MD

------------------------------

I wish to thank Jerome Philippe and AfricanHunting.com for this forum to showcase taxidermists work, It has brought myself and many other taxidermists here, that I consider friends, into your home. Many of us have made new contacts and new friends while interacting thru AfricaHunting.com. Thanks to all of you that I have done work for, many are not regular posters, but they are here. And once more thank you Jerome.

Dennis Harris
The Artistry of Wildlife

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work Dennis, congratulations on your success!

Some great pieces of art...

Some very good looking art work, congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing.

Glad you have been able to do your work your way!

That has to be one big piece of steel in that Kudu's hind leg.

Incredible stuff.

Glad you have been able to do your work your way!

That has to be one big piece of steel in that Kudu's hind leg.

Incredible stuff.

It's not really that heavy of a bar 1 1/2 inch thick wall 1/4 tubing, the real trick were the welds and cuts and little braces we had to engineer to keep that tube from twisting. The solid connector bar just runs thru the foot and is solid stock, That connects into a female connector just below the lions ribs.
The short pieces welded together help the strength, but the twisting drove me crazy for days till I worked it out....We rodded the lion with very small rods to keep the weight down, he maybe weights 80 lbs.

Fantastic work! I love looking at your taxidermy. Those small plains game animals love beautiful!

Beautiful work as usual Dennis. Love the Duiker display, reminded me of the display an aquaintance has, done by a world champion, he loves it and the work is great but I cringe everytime I see it. I havent the heart to tell him the Steinbok and Grysbok hides are swapped. Yours look great.

Beautiful work as usual Dennis. Love the Duiker display, reminded me of the display an aquaintance has, done by a world champion, he loves it and the work is great but I cringe everytime I see it. I havent the heart to tell him the Steinbok and Grysbok hides are swapped. Yours look great.

OUCH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois