Belt Pouch-Just right for Ammo Belt

uplander01

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia, Mozambique, Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, Oueen Charlette Isl), USA Rocky Mountain Region, Alaska
Every now and again you run across something that really will seem to work and it wasn't easy to find. I thought is would be nice on this next double rifle safari in Zim to have access to my classic WR traditional hook sling but also be able to remove and stow quickly in a light weight compartment. Enter "Frost River" Utility belt pouch. In no way designed for this application, however it seems to be perfect. I'm guessing it was designed for a tape measure? Anyway , thought some of you might have this same need,...they can be googled by the name of the company,...have lots of other nice stuff as well.

Cheers-

IMG_2357.JPG
IMG_2358.JPG

The sling and hook are ideal. The pouch looks like it works perfect for the sling. Now you just need to break it all in! Good Hunting!

That is a good idea but wouldn’t any belt pouch work? That looks like a Murray Leather shell holder Belt.
PG

Who provide your belt & ammo clip?

Good idea, looks handy. Just had a brain flash… that looks like a milsurp type lensatic compass pouch but with a belt loop. need to dig through my junk

Galco belt I used to use for action pistol, murray 470 8 shot open loop cartridge holder. And yes any pouch would probably work, just thought for $25 nice waxed green cotton finish with a snap was pretty ideal.

Galco belt I used to use for action pistol, murray 470 8 shot open loop cartridge holder. And yes any pouch would probably work, just thought for $25 nice waxed green cotton finish with a snap was pretty ideal.

I would just get one of the many leatherworkers on Etsy custom make one to match the belt in leather with the same dimensions. Cost would not be that much more.

I had that thought, never worked with anyone on something like that,...it would be cool. You could even use an exotic leather if you had some laying around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!