Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
A while back @jduckhunter sent me two bears. All he asked in return was that I do a euro mount of them to set on a coffee table or something. I am forever in his debt for this huge act of kindness. Here are his bears and I hope he and everyone enjoys them. Thank you sir.
DSC_0282 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0283 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0285 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0286.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG
DSC_0288.JPG

Impressive !

Looking good, did you use beetles ? Forrest

Damn it Erik your going to make me blush. Thank you so much for the great work.

Damn it Erik your going to make me blush. Thank you so much for the great work.
Thank you sir. What you did for me helps me more than you can imagine. One bear is going to be rugged but the other I am doing a show display with. Depending down hill with a stream fishing.

Looking good! Rock n roll boys!

I've got a chocolate bear skin in my freezer that I don't have the space or funds to get done. Come up icefishing this winter and it's yours!

I've got a chocolate bear skin in my freezer that I don't have the space or funds to get done. Come up icefishing this winter and it's yours!
Brother I would love to but my plate is so full this year and on into the summer I cant see straight. I will make it up your way in the not to distant future though.

Damn Erik, that's impressive work. I'd like to take one of those skulls over to my dentist and ask if the dental hygienist can do some plaque removal. Be interesting to see the look on her face when I pull it out of a sack.

Gizmo,
Those skulls are well done but there are a few things I see, I hope you don't take it the wrong way or see it as me bashing your work. First of all some of those incisors look to be mismatched to their corresponding socket. Secondly I see a few areas where there is what, looks to be like, subsurface grease, or it could just be the lighting. If I is grease this may come through to the surface in the coming months. The boil, or rather should I say the simmer, method also has a tendency to cause the sutures to separate- as can be seen along the nasal region, on a younger animal it could have caused the skull to come apart. The boil also has a tendency to "cook" grease into the bone which is especially problematic on an animal as greasy as a bear. Did you degrease these skulls ??

Gizmo,
Those skulls are well done but there are a few things I see, I hope you don't take it the wrong way or see it as me bashing your work. First of all some of those incisors look to be mismatched to their corresponding socket. Secondly I see a few areas where there is what, looks to be like, subsurface grease, or it could just be the lighting. If I is grease this may come through to the surface in the coming months. The boil, or rather should I say the simmer, method also has a tendency to cause the sutures to separate- as can be seen along the nasal region, on a younger animal it could have caused the skull to come apart. The boil also has a tendency to "cook" grease into the bone which is especially problematic on an animal as greasy as a bear. Did you degrease these skulls ??
No offense taken at all. Yes I boiled them but I also degrease all skulls because I’ve had that happen in animals that aren’t particularly oily.
The teeth on those bears were a bit wonky. Each tooth is in the appropriate socket. I thought it was a bit odd as well. There was one front tooth on one of the bears that I had to replace but other than that they are original hardware.

Euro mounts of carnivores particularly are a favorite of mine. I collected a number of them, then a school teacher friend asked if she could have them to display to her students. I couldn’t refuse and the kids showed a lot of interest in them. Now I am starting over. No problem. After all, I am a hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg