Bear Attack Palmer Alaska

Terrible, I hope the little man recovers soon. Also, well done on the man stopping the attack, that certainly would be the highest stress most any of us could imagine.

No handgun and no pepper spray, I hope he gets back on his feet soon enough.

There was a guy from here in Dillingham that was mauled pretty bad a week and a half ago, just a few miles below where I was hunting. Story is the bear picked him up and shook him by his thigh and for a while it looked like he was going to lose the leg (I think they were able to save it). His story was on my mind as I was gutting my moose and the sun was quickly dropping below the horizon.

Hopefully the boy in this story makes a full and fast recovery. It's a sad fact of life that living up here, this can and does happen.

1663811517040.png

Me using bear spray on a young bull moose. In one hand I have a .45 ACP, just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct. This happens about 3 miles from where I am standing in my office right now.
Troopers said that the accompanying Cub was “older “ and would probably survive in the wild.

YIKES! Hope the boy recovers. Good on the relative for stopping the attack.

Sorry that I spread the report the boy had died. I misunderstook the news report I heard.

I hope all turns out well! I have a friend in y’alls neck of the woods right now. He was hunting moose but after a few days slogging around in the musk-keg he has decided moose hunting wasn’t for him so is now a salmon fishing fanatic.

My prayers are with the young boy and his family thank God someone was there to stop attack

I know a former teacher of the boy. For non-Alaskans that area is not what I would consider super bear dense. You can always be surprised. Prayers for little man. Bear attacks are horrific on adults never mind smaller guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg