AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
My dad turned 65 this year so my sisters and I decided we wanted to do something special for him. We decided send him to the Fraser River in southern BC to fish for Sturgeon. I lucked out and got to be the chaperone. We ended up landing 7 Sturgeon in 2 days of fishing with the biggest being 10.5', 9.5', 8.5', and 6.5'.
Fished with Bent Rods outfitting and highly recommend.
Overall an amazing trip that everyone will remember.

IMG_2111.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Cool! Congratulations (y)

Great gift! Looks like good times had by all

Very nice, congrats!

Thanks
It truly was an amazing trip. Dad hooked on to the biggest fish the first 15 minutes we were there. That really took the pressure off as I hoped he would get a chance at a big one.

That looks like one great trip. Those are some giant fish and must have been all kinds of fun bringing them in to get some cool pictures.

1.5hrs per fish to get them to the boat where we could tow them to shore. Dad did his all by himself but he was plenty sore the next day. Could hardly roll out of bed the next day. Every muscle in his body ached and he felt like he was hit by a truck. Memories to last though.

WOW those are some big fish!

Great present. Really neat trip.

That looks like a great time! What a thoughtful gift; great memories for sure.

What bait or lure do you use for such a fish?

They are bottom feeders so throw a chunk of salmon or 8-10" long baitfish along with 24 ounce weights and #7 or 8 circle hooks and let it sit on the bottom.

I have caught some over on the Snake river in Id. They will give you a workout. Great gift idea. Your dad is lucky to receive such a thoughtful gift. Congrats on getting some huge fish. Bruce

That was a great gift! It must have been a lot of fun.

That is a great gift and a great way to make memories! I can only imagine that fight in river current. Sturgeon is a bucket list fish for my brother and I.

Very cool trip! Also on my wish list for down the road

Incredible!

Yeah they give off an epic battle. Just imagine slowly seeing the rod tip bounce and start to bed. Set the hook and feels like you hook bottom as you cannot move him an inch. He then decides to take off. You have to pull up anchor and chase him down river to stay close so you don't get spooled. This sets off a back and forth battle for over an hour trying to pull in a really mad 450lb log in fast current. Likely see them break the surface as most jump (almost entirely out of the water) and try to shake the hook. Just thinking about it has me ready to go back for round 2. As I said earlier I highly recommend Bent Rod outfitters. Rod works hard to put you on the fish and has good equipment.

Cool fish! Congrats...

bloody hell
they look like fun
bet you father is still smiling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.