Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada (British Columbia, Alberta), Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Limpopo, North Cape), USA
I've read cautionary tales about using anything other than conventional lead core bullets in doubles, I presume due to the stress a solid copper bullet, or even a Partition, can cause to the soldering.

Is the Krieghoff Classic capable of safely and routinely shooting Barnes TSX's? I took my Cape Buffalo bull in April with a TSX from my .375, really like the TSX's, and I'm interested in little else bullet wise. I imagine, at least I hope, double technology and/or build strength has improved to the point the Krieghoffs can shoot any modern bullet.

I'm interested (one day far in the future when my wife allows I should add) in either a 9.3x74R Krieghoff Classic, or a .375 Flanged, if caliber makes a difference.

Ardent,

I cannot answer your question, but would suggest that you contact Barnes directly. I've sent them technical questions about reloading TSX's and got responses to my emails in 1-2 days.

- browningbbr

Hi Ardent
I am shooting a Krieghoff 470 and was told by the builder of my rifle only to use Barnes original's but i am using woodleighs 500 gr's for many years now with very good results. The barnes bullets does perform very well in my 375.

Good info, appreciate it, I think I'll take the question straight to Krieghoff and see what they say.

Krieghoff got back to me, might be of interest to some so here it is. Looks good to me.

Krieghoff said:
Dear Sir;

Thank you for your inquiry. Generally speaking, yes, you can use solid copper bullets in our Classic Double Rifle. However, it is a hunting gun and not a match rifle and a large number of solid bullets shot through the gun will wear it quicker. We recommend using the soft bullets for target practice and the solid only for hunting.

I hope this helpful!

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,