Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Morning all,

Someone mentioned the Barnes LRX range on another thread in the forum and it got me interested: Does anyone on the forum use them and if so, what are your experiences thus far?

TIA

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I’ll be following this. I’m looking at using them in my granddaughter’s 7mm-08 for elk. Currently she is using the 120 TTSX and it has worked well on mule deer and Corsican and merino sheep, but I’m thinking something a bit heavier may be better for elk.

Saul

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina
I use them when I need a heavier bullet, especially for my 6mm. They seem to perform identically to the TTSX. The only issue you will run into is the COAL, which is why they might not be the best choice for SA cartridges

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
I’m loading the 250gr LRX in my .338 RUM. I haven’t killed anything with them yet. They give the same accuracy in my rifle as other top loads. To get the higher BC (.602) they take an already long bullet, compared to the 250gr TSX, and make it longer so it does protrude further into to case.

TMac

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US (AK, WA, OR, MT, WY, SD, NV, UT, NM), Canada (Alberta, BC)
Using the 145 LRX in my 280 Rem. It has worked very well from smallish deer to cow elk. It is designed to open at even lower velocities than the TTSX, yet still penetrate. So far on game I use it interchangeably with the TTSX. Which ever one the gun shoots best goes hunting. Performance between the two has been similar as far as I can tell. If I was planning to shoot much over 400-500, I’d lean to the LRX due to the advertised lower minimum effective velocity rating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcherTims

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards