Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So I've not been at the reloading bench in a serious way for months now. But that's changing as I'm missing shooting and load development. So I finally decided to sort the brass that I got when I bought the Searcy from @AZDAVE.

The great big bag of brass consisted of Jamison, Hornady and Barnes. The Barnes brass surprised me as I've never seen it for sale before and I'm really not seeing it now. Does anyone know the story here? Is it good brass, still available, etc?

I’ve heard it’s Remington brass as they’re owned by the company. But that’s just hearsay take it as you want

I have used Barnes 470NE brass. No issues to report.

I suspect you only get it from shooting "Barnes" ammo. I have never seen it for sale as new brass.

I got mine as once fired from Diamond K Brass.

I have used Barnes 470NE brass. No issues to report.

I suspect you only get it from shooting "Barnes" ammo. I have never seen it for sale as new brass.

I got mine as once fired from Diamond K Brass.

Looks like they sold it at one time. The pieces I have are brand new.

Interesting. I wonder if they are "over-runs"?

I got a bunch of the Barnes brass from Diamond K also and have never seen it for sale elsewhere and I hang out in some shady ass firearms venues! lol
What I found crazy was the weight variation between 470 Brass by manufacturers. The Barnes brass seems to be good stuff as I’ve had no issues with it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.