Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I received my invoice for my dip and ship and tanning for some backskins. I went to the bank a tried to do a wire
transfer and the Namibia infor on this end did'nt match swift code ect. They said they could send it blindly but I would
have to pay the same fee to get it back if it did not go through. The bank recommended I contact the taxidermist and make sure his infor was correct. Just asking if this is a common occurence between american and namibian banks

Every time I do a bank transfer the bank is "very nervous"! It has always worked out for me, just make sure all the account #'s, names and addresses are correct.

The chances are that you got the banking information wrong from the dip place. I would not send it out unless you have the right SWIFT. Don't know if you have a brokerage account but most of them do the transfers for free or darn close to it.

To answer the question, transfers between banks with SWIFT is never an issue.

When you send the wire money it is gone...you need to double check the banking information to make sure that it is correct.

I always follow up an e mail to the party with the wire transfer information blacking out your banks account number.

Then ask for a confirmation from there end. I have sent a few and only one time did it pose issues after the fact that the company changes banks and forgot that they had received my money...months to sort out...Had my PH check...and was looking for another company to pick up my trophy's to send back...

Thanks for the input guys. I e-mailed the taxidermist and told him my problem and ask if he had other problem with american banks. I will want until next week and call if I hear nothing. He is a reputatable business. I kind of feel my bank here in kansas may be alot of the problem as they do not have many transfers to Africa. I also sometimes have problems with e-mail to Namibia. It got so my ph could only e-mail me if he replied to one of mine and then sometimes it would work with another e-mail address I may have to cough up the money for a phone call. Leonard

I have experienced this 2x in SA. Both times 3 digits needed to be dropped from the swift code and then it worked.

All three Canadian Banks we used had issues.
Not that the information was wrong, just that they hardly did any international work from those branches so nervous (ignorant) tellers.

I over loaded the wire transfer form with every address, phone number, account number, swift code and anything else I wanted to fill the empty spaces.
Nothing was ever lost. Namibia, or RSA.
I always got the same warning that you did. No matter how much information you provided.

Good luck.

I've sent 3 wires to South Africa from the US it was 3 numbers short on our end so I called the SA Bank and ask them to make sure it was correct they told me to add 3 zeros I did and all went well.

I finally went to my mutual fund company Vanguard and they said no problem. It seems that I have to go through a bank in New York and than to Namibia. The dip and ship company also told me this and thought my local bank would know. Vanguard will do this for nothing and the link is good for as long as I want even for the safari I will take in 2014 if I choose to use the same guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg