Website
www.buckstix.com
Media
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
US - CANADA
Hello all,

I want to share the happiness of my acquiring a new double rifle, and tell you the story of acquiring it.

Over the last 10 years, I've watched many posts on this forum and other forums about building this custom double rifle. Here's the post from last May by Bailey Bradshaw himself.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/rising-block-double-rifle-500-ne.50670/

A quote from Bailey tells his feeling about finishing this unique rifle;

"This has been an extremely rewarding build. It's one that evokes a strange feeling now that it is complete. Satisfaction yes, but also a feeling of loss in a weird way. Probably the closest feeling is when you finally pull the trigger to end a magical hunt."

Every time I saw a post about this rifle, I wished that I had ordered one for myself. Sadly, I am a very impatient man and can't seem to plan a custom build that requires waiting far out into the future. I'm a "want-it-now" kind-of guy. However, when this rifle recently came up sale, I couldn't resist the opportunity. Seldom does one get a "do-over" in life to correct a regret. So now, I only had to wait 4 days for delivery, not 10 years for completion.

As you know from several previous posts on this forum, I love guns with stories to tell. And what a better story than purchasing one of the most written about Custom Double Rifle builds, posted all over the forums, over many past years. And add to the story that its a "one-of-a-kind" double rifle with such an interesting and innovative action. It fits right into my likes and collectables.

Here are some details about the rifle, with its 2 barrels:

Weight when configured as a 500NE = 10 pounds 13-1/2 ounces w/ 26-1/8" barrels.
Weight when configured as a 450-400-3" = 9 pounds 14-1/2 ounces w/ 26-3/4" barrels.
14-1/4" LOP

As a follow-up to my purchase, I called Bailey Bradshaw and spent nearly an hour talking about his building this wonderful rifle. Being an Engineer, I asked a lot questions about its engineering history. A few points from that discussion that really impress me were; - the rifle was re-started, several times over, as new design improvements were developed and incorporated into the final design of the action - all the deep relief engraving and gold inlays were done by Bailey himself, what a remarkable talent he has - Bailey said he used over 11 feet of 22 carat gold wire in the gold inlays - and finally, he said this was the most elaborate rifle that he has ever made. I'm sure he will be making more.

The rifle with both barrels are now housed in a compact toe-under canvas & leather case that I customized to fit this newly acquired treasure. (I designed and made the parchment case label)

Below are a few repeat pictures as seen before, and a few detailed ones that I have added. I've also listed the youtube videos that were made by Bradshaw during the course of building the rifle, as well as a link to Bailey's web page. I can't wait to get to the range, and will post range results soon.

As always, your comments are most welcome.

http://www.bradshawgunandrifle.com/welcome.html

brad-a.jpg

brad-b.jpg

brad-c.jpg

af-2.jpg

af-3.jpg

af-4.jpg

af-5.jpg

brad-d.jpg

brad-e.jpg

brad-f.jpg

..... continued .....

brad-g.jpg

brad-h.jpg

brad-i.jpg

brad-j.jpg

brad-k.jpg

BRAD-logo.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.50.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.50.03 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 155
  • af-2.jpg
    af-2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 137
  • af-3.jpg
    af-3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 196
  • af-4.jpg
    af-4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 161
  • af-5.jpg
    af-5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 138
  • brad-a.jpg
    brad-a.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 121
  • brad-b.jpg
    brad-b.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 202
  • brad-c.jpg
    brad-c.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 218
  • brad-d.jpg
    brad-d.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 146
  • brad-e.jpg
    brad-e.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 128
  • brad-f.jpg
    brad-f.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 130
  • brad-g.jpg
    brad-g.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 123
  • brad-h.jpg
    brad-h.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 142
  • brad-i.jpg
    brad-i.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 124
  • brad-j.jpg
    brad-j.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 126
  • brad-k.jpg
    brad-k.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 155
  • BRAD-logo.jpg
    BRAD-logo.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Very handsome works of art! Not sure I would carry in the woods! I’m a bit clumsy.:sick:

You have yourself one beautiful rifle. Congratulations on picking it up!

Magnificent! I need to do a write up about my Bradshaw single in 7x65R. Had been waiting until I had taken a game animal (a coyote or pig would do) but it may have to be a target.

Congratulations on as fine a .500 as any you will find. And I love the label. Please give him the right to use it.

WOW that is one beautiful rifle sir! Congratulations on adding this one to your collection!

Congratulations.

Wow, in the video he is making 230 yard shots offhand with a double in 500 NE. Just amazing.

Congratulations, what an interesting and beautiful rifle! And by the looks of it she's a shooter too. Love the stock, goregous wood.

Very handsome works of art! Not sure I would carry in the woods! I’m a bit clumsy.:sick:
Hello Ridgewalker
Thanks for the reply
Yes, I'm going to be very careful.
You have yourself one beautiful rifle. Congratulations on picking it up!
Hello Wheels
Thanks for the reply
Magnificent! I need to do a write up about my Bradshaw single in 7x65R. Had been waiting until I had taken a game animal (a coyote or pig would do) but it may have to be a target.

Congratulations on as fine a .500 as any you will find. And I love the label. Please give him the right to use it.
Hello Red Leg
Thanks for the reply
Beautiful rifle, and equally unique and well made.
Congratulations
Hello Wyatt Smith
Thanks for the reply
WOW that is one beautiful rifle sir! Congratulations on adding this one to your collection!
Hello CAustin
Thanks for the reply
Congratulations.

Wow, in the video he is making 230 yard shots offhand with a double in 500 NE. Just amazing.
Hello Tanks
Thanks for the reply
Yes, amazing!
Congratulations, what an interesting and beautiful rifle! And by the looks of it she's a shooter too. Love the stock, goregous wood.
Hello Opposire Pole
Thanks for the reply

I think that is the most astounding rifle I have ever seen. Bravo to you, the original owner and of course the builder!!!

Wow, beautiful rifle and you shoot it well!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg