AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
I leave in 8 days for my bowhunt with Dries Visser Safaris and today I cut my middle finger to bone on the inside pad at the last joint.. I won't be able to shoot my recurve for a month so it's now only hunting with my compound and a release!

That stinks! But at least you will be able to hunt with a release. Hope you heal quick, that sounds like it hurts!

By the way, best of luck on the hunt!

Sorry to hear! I know how much time you plan for your hunts!

Ouch

Good luck with the bow swap
Hope you mend quickly

sorry to hear the bad luck. Hope it all goes and you have a great trip.

Ouch! Doesn't sound like any fun. Good luck with the bow swap and best of luck on the hunt. Bruce

GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE ! OUCH !
Glen

Sorry--have a great trip. Roll with the punches (or cuts)!!!

I injured the same finger but strained the flexor tendon. I can still shoot but not as much. About a month until departure. I have a compound as a back up also.

Sorry to hear that Jeff. Have a great trip regardless.

Jeff, that sucks big time.
Just a thought , have you ever tried shooting your recurve with a release ? I have done it, but it is sure different than fingers. Forrest

Lucky you have a backup plan. Gee, I guess you'll have to go back next year with your recurve! Sounds like a good reason to return to Africa to me.
Best of luck with the compound!

Knock em dead, go back next year with the recurve! All the best @jeff

Jeff, that sucks big time.
Just a thought , have you ever tried shooting your recurve with a release ? I have done it, but it is sure different than fingers. Forrest
Thanks for all the encouragement guys!! Yes I have shot a few shots with a release with the stick bow but I feel it's to close now to switch gears and get proficient.

Thats really bad luck, at least you can still hunt with the compound!

Damn that's bad luck indeed! Anything you can do to overcome this injury?

Damn that's bad luck indeed! Anything you can do to overcome this injury?
Just time to heal, hope it's good by the 1st of sept. for deer and elk here!

I sure hope you heal faster than you think it will.

When that kudu of a lifetime gives you that tiny window at 40 yards think of it as a blessing!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg