Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Virginia and North Carolina (USA)
Good morning from my side of the planet. :coffee: I just picked up the pillows I had made from the back skins of my gemsbok, nyala and springbok I hunted in 2012, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the work! I thought I'd share photos of them this morning. Just further ideas on what to do with those back skins. I only wish I had read the post concerning the differences between requesting the full skin and the back skin of the animals I hunted. I would have definitely requested the full skin. So.....live and learn. It seems criminal though to waste those beautiful hides.

The work was done by Young and Jung Moon at Atlantic Leather in Richmond, Virginia. I have no doubt I'll be returning to them to have further work done. :)

10898054_830548393650844_1317229098330948793_n.jpg
10897937_830548410317509_7833008207596640142_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that they left the tails on the animals. Especially on the nyala pillow. :D

Very nice! Never waste a good skin.One can never have enough skins or hunt too much of one species. Custom chair for a client here in Europe.
How GORGEOUS is that?! I LOVE it. I'm actually thinking of designing a loveseat around the gemsbok pillow its so large. Thank you for sharing. Guess I need to go back and hunt a few more zebra. I'm having a rug made of the one in my Avatar. But I love the pedestal mounts of the zebra as well. Now it looks like I need even more to redecorate some of my rooms. Oh darn. :D

Well done.... I really like those!

Great ideas, I see some new pillows for the couch in the future!

Thank you @WALKINGPREY2, a little thought goes a long way, here is something else I did for my trophy room that looks exceptional and reflects Africa. Dont have photos yet, but also collected a few Black Wildebees skull and horns which I will use as spear and axe racks for the trophy room. Managed to get an old sneasewood fence post and have 4 Bushpig mounted on it in decending size order. Sorry off the skin topic:censored:
2014-02-14 001 2014-02-14 002.JPG

I like the shield with Impala mounts!

Thank you @WALKINGPREY2, a little thought goes a long way, here is something else I did for my trophy room that looks exceptional and reflects Africa. Dont have photos yet, but also collected a few Black Wildebees skull and horns which I will use as spear and axe racks for the trophy room. Managed to get an old sneasewood fence post and have 4 Bushpig mounted on it in decending size order. Sorry off the skin topic:censored:View attachment 35984
Simply lovely. You really have a gift. Feel free to open a store of your own to sell your ideas. And add me to your mailing list. :LOL: I love your ideas! :)

The pillows look great! I love the impala shield too hunt hard safaris. I always thought one day if I am ever able to hunt an elephant I would like to have a couch upholstered in elephant hide. If I don't get an elephant one day perhaps a hippo couch? I have been told that hippo hide is incredibly difficult to work with though?

Thank you once again @WALKINGPREY2!
@gizmo jipp hippo hide is not used for too many things. We have a ostrich skin couch and it realy came out nice.
Below is also something different than a normal photo, it used as a night light in the bedroom (only way I could sneak a trophy into the bedroom;))
IMAG0230.jpg

Still waiting for a container of trophies that contains a lifetime of collection, but a few more things I have at home already.
IMAG0234.jpg

Shot a sick eland one day and could not let his horns go to waste even if they were not trophy quality, so I made these for a table.
IMAG0233.jpg

Pillows look great. My wife had our taxidermist do a pillow with our Kudu backskin. She had them attach the tail separately and leave it so that it moves. Really happy with the look.

SAM_0947.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.