Baboon Taxidermy Pictures

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all;
I'm curious as to what some of you have done with the baboons you have taken.......skull mounts? Half mounts? full body mounts? Poses? I would like some ideas, please......
BTW: I'm not really crazy about having them turned into toilet paper holders, wine bottle holders, etc.....looking for more "natural" poses.
Thanks.........…

bab5_zpsgzhkvqmv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Artistry of Wildlife

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.artistryofwildlife.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe,Botswana,Tajikastan, Mozambique, Zsmbia, South Africa, Canada, England, Kyrgyzstan
pricelistbaboon_zpsdgoddzcp.jpg
006_zpsaj9bi42v.jpg
bab5_zpsgzhkvqmv.jpg
bab2_zps79ff7dea.jpg
bab4_zpsde234c35.jpg
bab7_zpsplmwjnkf.jpg
bab3_zps63265e76.jpg
bab1_zpsd9f95269.jpg
007_zpssmkghrmd.jpg

bluey

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
Hunted
australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)zambia
im hearing ya, there scotti...
if l had the opportunity to take one id get a skull mount done ....
tho hunt hards, mount looks the goods ....

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
I´m with Bluey, a skull mount with a methacrylate base placed horizontally with wide open jaws looks nice on a bookcase.

aaronraby1

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
I would totally full mount one. they are neat animals. or just case skin it myself and have it tanned.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I almost shot one while I was there. If it wouldn't have screwed up a stalk on a kudu my son was doing I would have. That was the only opportunity at one I had though we saw a million of them. Suckers are hard to get close too.

ScottG

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Telling my wife the subject of the baboons creeping me out and like most wives do she had the answer. Those darn flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. I hated those things as a kid.

Upton O. Good

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
Please understand, my comments are intended as respectful but I need to offer this.

I am not a baboon fan, in fact, they are one of two species of animals I hate, the other being rats. And keep in mind I worked as a professional biologist for 10 years and I appreciate their role in the scheme of things.

That being said, I hate to see animals posed in comical or disrespectful poses for mounts or photographs. The two species I see mocked the most are baboons and warthogs. As sportsmen I believe we repect our quarry, be it baboons or elephants, lions or lizards.

I've shot two baboons and I have the skulls in my trophy room.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I'm still trying to get a baboon! They are a menace to the farmers over there but I've never got a decent shot at one. On two safaris I've asked to hunt them but he PH's did not care. 400 yards shots at females! They can easily be baited so I hope at some point to get one. Then to answer your question I suppose skull mount.
Regards,
Philip

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
High on the list next trip. Could have taken a few when hunting but was always stalking some other game. Next trip I will go after one with a purpose just like any other animal I am hunting. It is a true trophy and not as easy as must would think to get.

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Telling my wife the subject of the baboons creeping me out and like most wives do she had the answer. Those darn flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. I hated those things as a kid.
Yeah, well.......my mother-in-law is the leader of the flying monkeys! So how about THAT!!! (and your little dog, too!!):D

Please understand, my comments are intended as respectful but I need to offer this.
That being said, I hate to see animals posed in comical or disrespectful poses for mounts or photographs. The two species I see mocked the most are baboons and warthogs. As sportsmen I believe we repect our quarry, be it baboons or elephants, lions or lizards.
I agree, which is why I made the statement about the TP holders and such in my original post........although I must say that Dennis' mount of the one holding the human skull is one of the most unique, interesting, and thought provoking "nontraditional' mounts that I've seen in a long time.(y)

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Yeah, well.......my mother-in-law is the leader of the flying monkeys! So how about THAT!!! (and your little dog, too!!):D
I agree, which is why I made the statement about the TP holders and such in my original post........although I must say that Dennis' mount of the one holding the human skull is one of the most unique, interesting, and thought provoking "nontraditional' mounts that I've seen in a long time.(y)

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mine was just mounted today finish work when dry and will post pics in taxidermy when complete, wishing I hadn't caped should have done lifesize.

lcq

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA CSSA
Hunted
Canada, RSA
I almost shot one while I was there. If it wouldn't have screwed up a stalk on a kudu my son was doing I would have. That was the only opportunity at one I had though we saw a million of them. Suckers are hard to get close too.
As my outfitter said. Great vision, sense of smell, hearing and smart. The fact that farmers hate them and send lots of lead their way makes them really a challenge

BMD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
As my outfitter said. Great vision, sense of smell, hearing and smart. The fact that farmers hate them and send lots of lead their way makes them really a challenge
I killed three while I was there one at long range and the other two were running shots. They were awesome to hunt and one of the most fun critters we hunted while there.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Right, except for eyesight it reminds me of feral hogs here. They get pretty smart as they get shot at all the time.

Reactions: lcq

Latest profile posts

Erol AK wrote on Martin Pieters Safaris's profile.
Hello,
My name is EROL AK and i own a hunting company in Turkey.
Following your hunting publications I would like to propose you a hunting part with us in Turkey.
For more informations contact us in:
WhatsApp: +905432899696
Tel : +905369442121
And we invit you also to visit our website in the below link:
https://www.pirihuntingsafari.com/index.php
Best regards, Erol AK
Erol AK wrote on Moretla Safaris's profile.
Hello,
Following your hunting publications I would like to propose you a hunting part with us in Turkey.
Best regards, Erol AK
Erol AK wrote on Leopard Legend Hunting Safaris's profile.
Hello,
Best regards, Erol AK
Erol AK wrote on Bayly Sippel Safaris's profile.
Hello,
Best regards, Erol AK
Erol AK wrote on SafariAMMO.NET's profile.
Hello,
Best regards, Erol AK