Baboon in sunglasses

Pole Pole

AH veteran
Reaction score
While my wife and I were stalking a buffalo in the Selous she lost a pair of Costa sunglasses with turquoise rims and gray lens. Where we stopped the hunting car to start the stalk I notice some monkeys and one baboon. They were expensive so looking too recover them. We looked high and low but never found the sunglasses so I deducted that baboon made off with them. Being the only baboon in the Selous, maybe in all of Africa, sporting Costa sunglasses there must be some sightings. Please post any sightings or information you may help in my efforts. Thanks in advance. Pole Pole

I thought this was going to be about dressing up baboons. I used to not like putting Santa hats on pedestals. I thought it was demeaning then I saw action Bob’s I believe Bat eared fox with some shades. That looked really cool. It’s your mount do what you want!

tmp1R4cnx.jpeg

A year ago I lost my ESS glasses on a pheasant hunt. The subject is useful, because the shot is flying here and there. I wanted to go look for them this year, I roughly remembered the place. But I didn 't have time :(. You won't find anything under the snow.

20211109_090210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Looks familiar so I think we have serial sunglasses thieves. Must be a good black market in Dar.

Does the owner offer fun rides with ammo and targets?
Lone Star Flight Museum south of Houston offers rides. I have done their bi-plane, T-6 Texan, Dauntless and B-17. Going to finish with the P-51. These were birthday presents from my wife. She my be trying to get rid of me. This comes to mind when asks if if I was a flight for my birthday. Hahahaha. Does anyone have a good bush plane story?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois