Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Did a little culling a few weeks back. The rancher who owns the deer lease I'm on has another bit of acreage he leases to some other folks. They apparently don't care for these axis deer that have showed up over the past 5-7 years. I guess the axis are much more aggressive than whitetails, and push them out (or so they think). Not really sure about any of that, but hey I get some axis meat out of the deal, so I'm more than happy to perform this civic duty!!

On any other occasion, this guy would most definitely need another couple years, but the rancher wanted to reduce the population. They are gorgeous though... (sorry for the picture - it was getting rather hot and I wanted to get him cleaned and in the cooler ASAP)

DSC_0005.JPG

Lucky you! Axis meat is rally good!

Reactions: ack
Man you have all the luck!

I have heard more than once how good axis meat is ~

You have some excellent table fare in hand.

Hunting for meat is never a bad thing!

Great helping out as I am sure they really twisted your arm to do some culling. lol ;) They are beautiful animals and on the list with blackbuck down the road for hunt.

Great eating - got it back from the processor and it's fantastic. By far one of the top game meats I've eaten so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanisIap02

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!