AWCC Raffles for the Benefit of Late Professional Hunter Phillip Smythe & his Family

Mike70560

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
I am posting this for @Larry Shores (He is a member here)

As most of you probably know, Phillip Smythe was severely injured by an elephant in the Save Valley Conservancy and succumbed to his injuries. He left a pregnant wife and two small children. The medical bills have to be enormous. The family needs help.

The African Wildlife Conservation Coalition (AWCC - https://www.africanwildlifecc.org) is a US based not for profit corporation which has been approved as a 501c3 by the Internal Revenue Service. AWCC is going to conduct four raffles with 100% of the proceeds going to Phillip Smythe and his family.

The raffles will work as follows. Upon receipt of payment, each purchaser will receive a number or numbers (if more than one ticket is purchased) which will be assigned in consecutive ascending order. At noon, eastern time on February 1, 2021, the drawing will be held using a random number generator to select the winning person.

The raffle items are as follows:

ITEM #1

A new in box, Beretta 12 gauge Ducks Unlimited commemorative gun.
Donations are $100 each with a maximum of 100 tickets sold.
This limited to US residents ONLY!

6-B2-D583-A-3992-4952-82-EC-399-B79-C2-DE89.jpg

ITEM #2
This is a 3 day hog hunt for 1 at my personal ranch in Levy County, Florida. No limit on the number of hogs. Includes food during the hunt, lodging during the hunt, guiding, and field prep. Does not include transportation to and from the ranch. Hotels and meals, if any before and after the hunt are not included. Any taxidermy is not included.
We can hunt them any way we want including at night with thermal imaging equipment which I have.
In 2019, I killed 40 hogs and guests killed 19. Under most circumstances, there are a lot of hogs. An episode of Nick's Wild Ride was filmed at my ranch earlier this year.
Also, I have various waterways which I have stocked. The winner can fish if they like for no charge. Spring fishing is incredible.
Donations are $100 each with a maximum of 250 tickets sold.

A5-D29-E05-9-AB5-42-FE-B6-EF-311-B87820-F4-F.jpg

ITEM 3- PHEASANT HUNT FOR TWO IN SOUTH DAKOTA
South Dakota Wild Pheasant Hunt for Two Hunters 2021
5 nights lodging with 5-6 days hunting at Bird Dog Bunkhouse in Gettysburg, SD
Valid October 15-December 19, 2021 for mutually agreed upon dates
Dates will be set with raffle winners by May or June 2021
Three excellent meals per day will be furnished if hunters choose to come between October 25 to November 23.
Hunters are encouraged to bring their own dogs or if they do not have a dog one will be provided during dates of 10/25-11/23.
Hunters will drive to Gettysburg, SD since there is no commercial airport.
We hunt primarily public land not relying on private farms to have excellent hunting. South Dakota is well set up for public hunting on "Walk In Areas", "Game Production Areas'', "Waterfowl Production Areas", State and Bureau of Reclamation lands. There are so many good places to hunt in a 40 mile radius that one can't begin to cover them all. We have very minimal hunting pressure from any other hunters.
These are all wild pheasants not any pen raised birds. The hunting and bird numbers are excellent! Hunters see and shoot at many birds each day. Being a decent wing shot will of course increase your success. Finding birds is never a problem. I personally have shot my limit of three roosters every day for the past three years. I hunt 30 days concurrently each year.
This winter in South Dakota has been very mild which should promote high numbers of pheasants for fall 2021.
The house is very comfortable for guests. WiFi and TV is provided.
Dogs have an excellent bunkhouse in the backyard.
Indoor bird cleaning area and freezer is provided.

Not included are:
SD Hunting license and Conservation Stamp ($150)
Shotguns
Shotgun shells
Beer, wine or liquor is BYOB

We always have FUN!
Any questions can be answered at dukxdog@gmail.com
Tickets are $100 each with a maximum of 250 sold.

ITEM #4- ZIMBABWE ELEPHANT HUNT
Tickets are $200 each or 7 for $1,000. A maximum of 150 tickets to be sold .
38-DF308-E-1-DD1-4556-953-D-D0-CC72092-ACE.jpg

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

PAYMENT BY CHECK

Please send checks to:
African Wildlife Conservation Coalition
17 South Magnolia Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801

Important: Please specify which raffle you want to participate in. Include your name, address, email and phone number.

Update from @Larry Shores regarding PayPal payment in post #29.
I regret to inform you all that PayPal has closed the account because of the gun raffle. Trying to decide what to do.

PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL
You can submit payment through PayPal at the following link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=WHXJ5H2G3DCHG.

Important: Remember to note which raffle and your contact info.

Questions can be addressed to @Larry Shores at the following email address: Lshores@shorescpa.com

Thank you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought two more tickets today and paid via PayPal. Within 5 hours I received my ticket numbers.

Reactions: WAB
Update from AWCC:

As of right now, the raffle has raised $39,700. In addition to the sold out Buffalo hunt, we have issued the following # of tickets:
Gun – 11
Pheasant – 24
Hog – 37
Elephant – 21

Thanks all! Buy more tickets.

We have made two transfers to the family .
As soon as the Pay Pal money is transferred to the AWCC accounts,
We will be making more transfers.

A huge thanks to all that donated!!!

There are still plenty of tickets available.

@Larry Shores Is a very generous man. He has offered up opportunities like this in the past for victims like this. Thank you very much sir!

SO sorry to hear. I had looked into hunting with him 3 years ago thru a South African I had met thru the gun shop I used to own. Although we never met, he was a 1st Class gentleman to deal with. Thank you for the opportunity to help out his family.

Here are photos for the South Dakota Pheasant hunt raffle item. Guys enjoy coming back here every year hunting wiley, wild roosters. You will have a great time!

IMG_2376.jpg
IMG_2509.jpg
IMG-0647.jpg
IMG-0856.jpg
IMG-1266.jpg
IMG-2364.jpg
IMG-2487.jpg
IMG-3705.jpg
IMG-3710.jpg
IMG-3822.jpg
IMG-4591.jpg
IMG-4593.jpg
IMG-4594.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Larry, Mike and all who put this effort together and have kept it in the forefront.

Tim

So sorry for the Smythe family's loss.
Thank you Larry.
Good luck to everyone in the raffle.

I bought two more tickets today and paid via PayPal. Within 5 hours I received my ticket numbers.
How do you designate on PayPal which raffle you want?

How do you designate on PayPal which raffle you want?
When I paid for my tickets on PayPal there is a place you can write a note just below the email address. I typed in the raffle I wanted and my contact info there.

When I paid for my tickets on PayPal there is a place you can write a note just below the email address. I typed in the raffle I wanted and my contact info there.
Thanks. I just did it.

I just bought a ticket on PayPal. It was very easy. Thanks to all for donating the raffle items.

My prayers are with his family.

Thanks for this, and my prayers for the family. If the raffle is closed, just make mine a donation. (So noted with my cc via paypal transaction.)

Joe S.

I purchased one of the raffle tickets for the Zim ele hunt yesterday via PayPal. Have not heard back as of this morning - not sure how this is suppose to work? But no big deal as long as the family receives the $.

Shootist--The raffles are still open.
JPmbogo--If you do not receive confirmation by tomorrow let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg