Authentic African Safari Hunt in Namibia With Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Discussion in 'Hunting Outfitters' started by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia SPONSOR Since 2019 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Botswana,Tanzania,South Africa,Mozambique
    IMG_6003.JPG

Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia
    We are known throughout the hunting industry as a premiere outfitter that provides world class, private once-in-a-lifetime hunting safaris and delivering epic trophies. Fully licensed, we have over 30 plains game and dangerous game species available. You'll experience the thrill of the plains and desert of the Kalahari, some of the best wingshooting in the world or get your blood pumping hunting dangerous game in the Zambezi region!

An Authentic African Safari Hunt in Namibia
    Founded by Outfitter Schalk Pienaar, we offer some of the best game to be found in Namibia on 31,000 acres in and around our primary hunting lodge with long-term exclusive hunting access to over 250,000 acres throughout Namibia.

[​IMG]

We offer you upscale, private accommodations that offer you a true African safari feel in a resort-like setting. The main Lodge offers 5 en-suite bedrooms with free WIFI, fully air conditioned & with upper and lower decking areas to marvel at the truly spectacular sunrises & sunsets. After a vigorous day of hunting or sightseeing adventures, you with friends or family can kick back on in the Lapa (dining/entertainment area) with a bar and roaring fireplace.

Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia is located in the heart of the Kalahari…one of the unique ecosystems on Earth.

SP-Safaris-Map-1-.png

We offer upscale, private accommodations that offer you a true African safari feeling and atmosphere right in the heart of our 31,000 acres of huntable land. Located on our own private land in the central eastern part of Namibia, at Neuhof Farm we balance quality game & thrilling hunting experiences with solid conservation – focusing on 20 clients per season. For clients looking to experience a variety of hunting challenges and ecosystems, your hunt can explore an additional 250,000 acres we have exclusive hunting rights to!

[​IMG]

Experience The Awe Of Africa & First Class Trophy Hunting With Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia posted Feb 6, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019
    Philip Glass and James Cook like this.

2. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    About Us

Meet The Team

Seasoned. Professional. Dedicated
    Founded by freelance professional hunter Schalk Pienaar, as a premiere outfitter, our team has grown to provide you with once-in-a-lifetime hunting experiences in Namibia and beyond.

Schalk Pienaar
    ...owner, outfitter & professional trophy hunter

[​IMG]

Born and raised in Namibia on his family’s 31,000-acre cattle & Arabian horse ranch, Schalk at any early age developed a deep love for Namibia’s untamed beauty and its wildlife. A lifelong hunter, from the beginning in believed firmly in cultivating and protecting that wildlife through a balanced approach of fair chase hunting and conservation.

In 2006, he achieved the dream of becoming a freelance professional hunter, working for some of the largest outfitters in the country….hunting an average of over 200 days per year! He has guided trophy hunters from all over the world to the furthest reaches of Namibia, acquiring an encyclopedic knowledge of the country’s topography and best hunting spots for any game.

Since founding Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia at the family ranch in 2015, he has transformed that knowledge into a bespoke safari outfit, offering selective hunts to just 20 clients a year. Quality over quantity…his commitment is to ensure a truly memorable experience.

Amoré Pienaar
    ...client experience coordinator

[​IMG]

The beauty of this country lingers and leaves a strong impression on all who visit. This constant proved itself yet again, when Amoré…a successful lawyer and a hard-core city girl began visiting her family farm on the weekends. 3 years ago, she met Schalk Pienaar, and fell in love…not only with him, but also his passion for nature, respect for wildlife and dedication to protecting it all.

For a city girl, it was a life changing moment…eyes opening to the deep connection between nature and the world we live in . In March of 2017, Amoré and Schalk were joined in marriage…leaving the city being and now joining us on the farm as your Client Experience Coordinator. She brings her attention to detail to the team, ensuring your safari in Namibia will be epic as it will be rewarding.

A Word From Your Outfitter Schalk Pienaar

[​IMG]

Fellow Outdoorsman,

I invite you to come share my country Namibia, its wildlife, culture, wide open spaces and the opportunities to hunt and conserve some of the most magnificent game species and wilderness areas with me.

Namibia is situated in the South – Western part of Africa and I am proud to be part of a nation that value our natural resources exceptionally high. Namibia probably has one of the most successful conservation stories in all of Africa and that is why I can offer you a hunting safari experience of the highest quality. I take pride by hunting in a classical and ethical fashion with conservation always on my mind.

I offer Plains Game hunting as well as some of Namibia’s very best Bird Hunting safaris on the Western edge of the Kalahari desert and very exciting Dangerous Game hunts in the Zambezi region of Namibia.

The Kalahari is a magical place! One would think of it as a desert, but once you start exploring you will be stunned by the amount of game and variety of species that this unique ecosystem is home to. Contrary to the rest of Namibia the Zambezi region (formerly known as the Caprivi strip) has a sub tropical climate and offers fantastic and very exciting dangerous game hunting.

Sight in your rifle bring your camera and come hunt and enjoy my Namibia. We look forward to guiding you!

P.S. bring your family.

Schalk Pienaar

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    Pheroze and James Cook like this.

3. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    Experience The Awe Of Africa & First Class Trophy Hunting With Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

[​IMG]

"NAMIBIA! I had dreamed for many years of travelling to, exploring and seeing this desert country and its wildlife. After significant research and due diligence I found myself discussing a safari with Schalk Pienaar who owns and operates Schalk Pienaar Safaris. Schalk offers specialized safaris with a personal touch where clients become friends and trophy quality is never sacrificed. This beautiful desert country is home to the likes of Red Hartebeest, Gemsbok, Damaraland Dik Dik and Mountain Zebra. Plus several other species Schalk has availability to hunt such as Sable, Black Wildebeest, Greater Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Impala and many more. I had dreamed for years of pursuing Sable, Mountain Zebra, Klipspringer and a variety of other species.

Schalk assured me he would make my dreams come true as well as those of the other members of our hunting party. My dreams became a reality after hunting with Schalk on several properties he owns or has access too. I took the pinnacle of all plains game species, a 43 ¼” Sable. The hunt was awe inspiring and emotional to be able to pursue such a magnificent species.

Being able to hunt the Khomas Hochland Mountains and taking two Mountain Zebra and a Klipspringer as well as seeing several other species is an experience I will never forget and always cherish. I also took several other excellent trophies and passed up many more as quality and quantity are both plentiful.

Normally, I do not pursue birds when on safari but spending a morning pursuing Sand Grouse was not only fun with lots of shooting and laughing but something I would highly recommend. The camp was exceptional and all of our needs were met or exceeded and the Wifi service, which is important to communicate with family and work, was excellent.

I cannot thank Schalk and Amore Pienaar enough for the excellent safari me and my friends had. Dreams can come true when hunting with Schalk Pienaar Safaris…"

Justin L

[​IMG]

Your Authentic African Safari Hunt in Namibia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Philip Glass and AZDAVE like this.

4. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    Accomodations with Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

[​IMG]

Kalahari Hunting Lodge
    Upscale, private accommodations that offer you a true African safari feeling and atmosphere right in the heart of our 31,000 acres of huntable land. Air conditioned throughout, it offers a private, resort-like experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

31,000 Acres
    ...and a basecamp that rivals a private resort!

Mention the word “safari” and centuries old images of canvas tents and rickety cots come to mind.

Not with us! Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia offers you upscale, private accommodations that offer you a true African safari feeling and atmosphere right in the heart of our 31,000 acres of huntable land. Located on our own private land in the central eastern part of Namibia, at Kalahari Lodge we balance quality game & thrilling hunting experience with solid conservation – focusing on 20 clients per season. Quality over quantity…boutique & exclusive hunting over large scale cookie-cutter outfitting.

The main Lodge offers 5 en-suite bedrooms with free WiFi, fully air conditioned & with upper and lower decking areas to marvel at the truly spectacular sunrises & sunsets. After a vigorous day of hunting or sightseeing adventures, you with friends or family can kick back on in the Lapa (dining/entertainment area) with a bar and roaring fireplace.

[​IMG]

"It is our goal to offer truly bespoke hunting experiences, personalized…customized and never ever “commercial”. No big, overcrowded hunting lodge. No scores of people. Your hunt. Your Lodge. Your safari."
    ~ Schalk Pienaar

Screenshot_2019-01-29 Neuhof Farm Hunting Lodge » Schalk Pienaar Hunting Safaris in Namibia.png

House Accomodations by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia posted Feb 6, 2019 at 4:48 PM

World Class Service.
    It's your hunt. Your lodge. Your safari.

Collage_Fotor.jpg

Just outside your door is a beautiful garden, teeming with local flora & fauna and a swimming pool ready for a dip on hot days. Our pool area overlooks a water hole close to the Lodge that draws in local wildlife constantly, offering you, your friends or family a front row view.

Here you will find Schalk and Amore Pienaar as gracious, engaged and courteous hosts. The meals will be ample, the laughter and after hunt cocktails and beer free flowing...and one of the most memorable adventures of a lifetime.

Here, we offer an enriching & exciting family friendly excursion for hunters & non-hunters alike, at any age & any level.

"I was sure one of the lucky ones!! I killed a 59 inch kudu and it was one of the best hunts of my life!! Thanks Schalk Willem Pienaar!"
    ~ Nocona, Oklahoma, United States

[​IMG]
    The heart of Schalk Pienaar Safaris is our 31,000 acre ranch, teeming with over 30 plains game and dangerous game animals.

5. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    Accomodation Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia Travel Info

Essential information on travelling & hunting in our beautiful country.

[​IMG]

While Namibia may seem like a remote destination travel-wise, it’s actually the most tourist-friendly country in Southern Africa!

Namibia's trophy hunting season opens February 1st and closes November 30th.

Namibia, known as the “Gem of Africa”, is a unique place for eco-tourists. Much of Namibia is as it was centuries ago. Due to this, it has a host of natural wonders and amazing places…and English is the official language!

Namibia is one of Africa's best hunting destinations for both big game and plains game. It even offers some of the best bird hunting opportunities in the world. Namibia is a very politically stable country with a very well developed infrastructure.

Namibia possesses a treasure trove of game to be hunted on pristine wilderness locations. This is a fact that has not been missed by dozens of hunters that land at Windhoek airport every day.

Namibia has some of the best plains game hunting in the world. The most famous and emblematic animal of Namibia, the Oryx, is the most popular and sought after. The following species are also found in abundance; Cape Eland, Greater Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Blesbok, Impala, Steenbok, Klipspringer, & Warthog. With 31,000 acres and access to the Caprivi Strip…you can hunt them all with us!

But hunting in Namibia is quite different than almost any country on earth, truly embracing the concept of hunting as conservation when it became the first country in the world to include environmental conservation in its constitution! To protect the country's wildlife and scenic natural beauty, several national parks and conservation areas were created, covering 14% of the country's surface area. In December 2010, Lonely Planet named Namibia the 5th best tourist destination in the world in terms of value.

Bringing non-hunting family members? Want to break up your Namibia Safari with a little sightseeing? Namibia hosts some of the most ubiquitous and exquisite geological features in the world. The largest desert, Namib desert is known to be the world’s largest desert and Hariseb’s Dragon’ Breath is the world’s largest underground lake. We can arrange a host of sightseeing adventures the whole family will love.

Namibia Travel Info by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia posted Feb 6, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Nambia's Weather
    As most of Namibia is covered by desert it is unsurprising that the climate is exactly what you would expect from a desert country. Daytime temperatures are hot (extremely hot in summer) and nights are cold, some areas frequently go below freezing in winter.

Dry season - May to October - Winter
    There is little to no rainfall during the entire winter and humidity is low. Wildlife will gather around waterholes and rivers when other water resources dry up.
    • May- It is the end of summer. The rains have stopped, but the scenery is still lovely and green. The nights aren't cold yet and daytime temperatures are, on average, around 24-28°C/75-82°F.
    • June- The nights are getting cold and can drop below 10°C/50°F. In desert areas, it can be freezing. Daytime temperatures are still pleasant around 20-24°C/68-75°F.
    • July & August- These are the main winter months. Be sure to pack warm clothing because morning game drives in open vehicles will be cold. The average maximum temperature is 21-25°C/70-77°F. The average minimum temperature is around 7°C/45°F, but can fall to below freezing at night in the deserts and higher areas.
    • September & October- September is a lovely month. It isn't too hot yet, but the chill in the mornings is becoming less. It is dry and the skies are clear. During October the green vegetation is fading and the heat gradually builds up.
    Wet season - November to April - Summer
    • November- The heat continues to rise and by November it is very hot, but the humidity is still low, keeping it quite pleasant. On average, the daytime temperature is above 30°C/86°F, but can be a lot higher in the deserts. Clouds are starting to build up in the afternoons.
    • December- The first rains usually arrive and with it the temperature drops. The landscape changes after the first rains and everything comes to life.
    • January & February- This is midsummer. It tends to be hot and humid with maximum temperatures around 30-35°C/86-95°F with peaks of over 40°C/104°F in the desert. There may be torrential downpours in the afternoon but not every day. Mornings are usually clear.
    • March & April- Rainfall will decrease and stops around April. It cools down after the rains and the nights start to get cold again. Average daytime temperatures are around 25-30°C/77-86°F
    [​IMG]

Preparations
    ...and recommended equipment
    • Rifle,we recommend 30 cal. or larger
    • Ammunition, 80 rounds, soft point
    • A good pair of binoculars
    • Camera
    • 3 pairs of cammo or olive green hunting pants and shirts (long sleeve)
    • pair of hunting boots and good, comfortable tennis shoes
    • 4 pairs of comfortable socks for hunting
    • A warm, rugged hunting jacket and vest
    • Sunglasses and a hat
    • Sunscreen or sun block
    • Leisure wear and shoes (for the evenings)

7. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    Sightseeing Activities

[​IMG]

The Beauty of Namibia & The Kalahari Desert
    ...your adventure starts here!

While Namibia may seem like a remote destination travel-wise, it’s actually the most tourist-friendly country in Southern Africa! Namibia, known as the “Gem of Africa”, is a unique place for eco-tourists. Much of Namibia is as it was centuries ago. Due to this, it has a host of natural wonders and amazing places…and English is the official language!

The country is like an exposed gem, just sitting out there in the desert waiting to be discovered and explored. It’s the remoteness – Namibia is one of the least densely populated places in the world – that makes it such a unique and stirring place to visit. It is the hunt of a lifetime, an adventure to treasure…and an impression that will linger…long after you’ve returned home.

It was the first country in the world to include environmental conservation in its constitution! To protect the country's wildlife and scenic natural beauty, several national parks and conservation areas were created, covering 14% of the country's surface area. In December 2010, Lonely Planet named Namibia the 5th best tourist destination in the world in terms of value.

Namibia by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia posted Feb 6, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Discover Namibia's Wildlife

Discover Namibia's Wildlife by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia posted Feb 6, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Tours & Sightseeing
    We can exclusively arrange your non-hunting activities to give a true Kalahari experience.

If you're travelling with family and would like to arrange for non-hunting activities to round out your epic African safari, Schalk & Amore Pienaar can accomodate and built any itinerary.

The most popular time to travel to Namibia is between March and October, in particular May to August, when rainfall is almost non-existent and temperatures are mild. Rainfall can occur during the months of November through March and generally will average about 14 in (35 cm) in the central region and 1 to 6 in (2.5 to 15 cm) in the south. The rains can fail and droughts occur roughly every ten years or so. Some areas of the Namib desert have gone nearly a century without a drop of rain.

One of our most requested visits is to the Namib Sand Sea and the Skeleton Coast (view the video at right). It’s the world’s only coastal desert, with dune fields winding over its 3 million hectares. There are two dune systems at work here, one that is ancient and one that is young. It’s also known as the world’s oldest desert, believed to have been formed by the erosion of materials from thousands of kilometers away. The Namib Sand Sea was named an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2013.

Skeleton Coast by Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia posted Feb 6, 2019 at 5:51 PM

A Few Popular Activities
    In and around Namibia and the Kalahari

Erindi Private Game Reserve

Erindi-Private-Game-Reserve.jpg

Erindi Private Game Reserve is a protected reserve in central Namibia. Erindi, meaning “place of water”, is a sustainable natural wonderland. With 70,719 hectares of pristine wilderness under their care, it is an idyllic retreat boasting two camps, a rich cultural heritage, knowledgeable guides & unmatched hospitality – and memories for a lifetime.

Etosha National Park

Etosha-National-Park.jpg

Etosha National Park is unique in Africa. The park’s main characteristic is a salt pan so large it can be seen from space. Yet there is abundant wildlife that congregates around the waterholes, giving you almost guaranteed game sightings. At the same time Etosha National Park is one of the most accessible game reserves in Namibia and Southern Africa.

The Skeleton Coast Park

Skeleton-Coast-Park.jpg

The Skeleton Coast Park, is now acknowledged as one of Namibia’s greatest treasures, in that it is one of the world’s last great wildernesses. It extends from the Ugab River in the south for 500 km to the Kunene River in the north and about 40 km inland. The park also is a sanctuary for desert- dwelling Elephants, Rhino and Lion and the Kunene River mouth is a vital wetland.

Sossusvlei

SossusvleiE300.jpg

Situated in the largest conservation area in Africa (the Namib-Naukluft National Park), Sossusvlei is possibly Namibia’s most spectacular and best-known attraction. Characterised by the large red dunes that surround it, Sossusvlei is a large, white, salt and clay pan and is a great destination all year round. The dunes in this area are some of the highest in the world.

Kolmanskop

o-KOLMANSKOP-facebook.jpg

Philip Glass likes this.

8. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:

Philip Glass likes this.

9. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    IMG_0511.JPG

Philip Glass likes this.

10. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    IMG_0028.JPG

Philip Glass likes this.

11. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    0207fbdf-3c0e-40af-9e9b-56701de12a39.jpg

12. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    IMG_8017.JPG

13. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    IMG_0358.JPG IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0438.JPG IMG_9532.JPG IMG_9602.JPG IMG_9419.JPG VDTL7458.JPG IMG_6019.JPG IMG_6018.JPG IMG_6021.JPG IMG_5809.JPG IMG_6015.JPG IMG_4813.JPG IMG_6003.JPG IMG_2744.JPG buffalo m.jpg IMG_6010.JPG IMG_6011.JPG IMG_4809.JPG

14. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    IMG_8613.jpg IMG_8368.jpg IMG_8498.jpg IMG_8384.jpg IMG_8301.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg IMG_8218.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_5147.jpg IMG_8170.jpg IMG_8140.jpg IMG_8151.jpg IMG_8106.jpg IMG_8083.jpg IMG_7979.jpg IMG_7971.jpg FullSizeRender 5.jpg FullSizeRender 6.jpg IMG_7962.jpg

15. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg IMG_7899.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0202.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0139.jpg IMG_7628.jpg IMG_7362.jpg IMG_7480.jpg IMG_7552.jpg DSCN0144.jpg IMG_7436.jpg IMG_7242.jpg JBL_2711.jpg JBL_2649.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019

16. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    A few more hunting pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:

19. Schalk Pienaar Safaris Namibia

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA and APHA
    Hunted:

20. Philip Glass

Philip Glass AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
    Schalk this all looks so very good. Best of luck!
    Philip