Austrian tourist killed by Elephant

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/85236/read/Australian-tourist-killed-by-elephant

Austrian tourist killed by Elephant

A 59-year-old Austrian national who was on tour in Namibia was killed by an elephant near the Haub River in the Kunene region this morning.

The ministry of environment and tourism's spokesperson Romeo Muyunda confirmed the report, saying that the man, whose name has not been released, was attacked at an area where a group of other tourists were camping.

"This is a very unfortunate incident, and highly regrettable. It has thus far been established that the area in which the group of tourists were camping is not a designated camping site," he said.

The environment ministry could not establish if the tourists were guided by a tour guide.

"The ministry wishes to reiterate our call to our very welcome tourists to always be cautious and observe rules and regulations put in place for their safety. Finally, we wish to express our sincere condolences to the bereaved family and friends of the deceased," said Muyunda.

The police were investigating the incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Austrian, not Australian.

RIP.

If the police release the victims name they may clear up the nationality.

Very sad. However, I would be interested in hearing more details on this. Specifically, what the tourist and person(s) in charge of the camp were doing at the time.

RIP
AA.jpg

Sad to hear, condolences to the family

Sad to hear this and thanks for sharing

Bad news..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois