Austria Hunting Pictures

Nice trophy's, love the hammer break action rifle the best of those pictured. The pictures of the mountains brought back some nice memories of hikes in Austria and Germany in the 80's-90's when I was stationed there.

The pictures of the mountains brought back some nice memories of hikes in Austria and Germany in the 80's-90's when I was stationed there.

Hunting this morning in Austrian mountains...

DSC03891.JPG

Really beautiful!

The old Mannlicher-Schoenauer made it....
20230717_193228.jpg

HWL

Red Legs "Stutzen" looks like an early Model 1903, a 6,5x57 magazine will not fit, because the action is to short.

The only straight way is to rebarrel it to 6,5x54 MS.

The original barrel is gone already.... so nothing is destroyed that isn't anyways.

This is the perfect reason to visit Ferlach, one of the most dangerous places for gun freaks....

They eat credit cards for breakfast....

:sneaky:

HWL
My credit card was screaming and going crazy when I first started reading the OP.

Now I know why,...the last 2 lines of your thread.

Can a credit card have a heart attack or stroke?, ... mine just quit screaming No!..No!..No More!.. and throwing a tantrum...it's just laying there, silent and still.

Last edited:
I posted this in my hunting report, but you have given me the opportunity to do so again. My Einmal im Leben Kärntner Alpen Auerhahn. A beautiful hunt, magnificent game animal, in one of the loveliest corners of the planet.

Aurhahn1.jpg

The old Mannlicher-Schoenauer made it....View attachment 546505
HWL
I have been hoping you would revive this thread as the scenery is so beautiful. I really like that custom stock on your 1903! I bet it handles great without a scope.

I posted this in my hunting report, but you have given me the opportunity to do so again. My Einmal im Leben Kärntner Alpen Auerhahn. A beautiful hunt, magnificent game animal, in one of the loveliest corners of the planet.

View attachment 546547
Did you use lite rifle in the treetops, or a shotgun? waidmansheil!

Did you use lite rifle in the treetops, or a shotgun? waidmansheil!
Waidmannsdank! Shotgun at first light after an interesting stalk.

HWL, the pictures are amazing thanks for posting. The game, the rifle and scenery make a post card scene. “This is the perfect reason to visit Ferlach, one of the most dangerous places for gun freaks...”
I just purchased a Johan Franzoj double rifle in 9,3x74 on this forum.

Looking forward to receiving and shooting it soon.

Red Legs, thank you for Re Posting your hunt. What a trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!