Australia's Biggest Facebook Hunting Group Closed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Pheroze, Jan 18, 2019.

1. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    Not a problem for either way, I don't Facebook.:eek::eek::D:rolleyes:o_O

kevin masters and sierraone like this.

2. kevin masters

kevin masters AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    us mexico alaska south africa

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety "Ben Franklin"
    We have the same rights to speech as the anti's and the snow flakes and the far left. if we lay down and roll over then we do not
    deserve these rights! jmo

3. mark-hunter

mark-hunter AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
    I am not sure of that.
    FB is designed to be international public social network.
    The owner is not supposed to take sides. (PR, remember)

However, such platform should be also tolerant, not abusive to others, and certainly not verbally agresive and should be moderated as such. And if it is not, then it smells fishy.

Optionally, the owner have also possibilty to create a separate social netowrk dedicated only to one exlusive community, like hunting community for example.
    But in that case, membership will be smaller, commercial income also smaller - so it would not be exactly a profitable option. And there could be backslash on main "social network operation", such as FB from anti hunting groups (like boycots, hacker attacks, etc)

SO, in conlcusion, profitability is thing to consider in this case, which goes hand in hand with PR - public relations and political corretness.

So, thats my view on this point.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019

4. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    Its not really a free speech issue though. As a business FB can regulate its forums however they choose. You are not denied your ability to speak however you choose in public. You are speaking here freely now, but AH has its limits just like any forum does. Go on an expletive filled rant and start talking about how you plan to do some kind of criminal act and you will be gone from here too right? Speech, like everything else has its limits and its consequences.

sierraone likes this.

5. mark-hunter

mark-hunter AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
    sierraone likes this.

6. kevin masters

kevin masters AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    us mexico alaska south africa

I was referring to the statement that posting pictures with dead animals hurts the hunting community! very similar to your and a lot of our avatars
    and hunt reports! I wasn't trying to piss in anyone's Wheaties, just stating my views. It is just my opinion that rolling over and trying to appease
    every one all the time is painful and pointless. Wasn't preaching just sharing my views,lmao!

7. Newboomer

Newboomer GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

I guess, technically, one could call AH our facebook for hunters. I've seen all kinds of opinions, suggestions, advice, and nearly everything else here with very little discord. Once in awhile someone comes on a bit crossways and swiftly gets straightened out. That all makes it so enjoyable. We are free to offer whatever we choose to a like minded audience---pretty much. And one of the great things is we keep gaining members. Hunting is not dead by a long shot (no pun intended).

Pheroze and sierraone like this.