Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
by what i have read in the past mark zuckerberg also does not believe in tipping waitresses so I mean do you expect a colossal ass like that to care about other peoples rights to free speech or privacy? I do not and about all you can do is not use his products which i am glad to say i do not. Many Facebook users have already left the platform and hopefully soon he and his entire company will be relegated to the junk heap of failed internet companies.

Interesting, considering that Mark Zuckerberg is also hunter.

On a separate note, posting public pictures on internet with dead animals, has done more harm then good to hunting communities, and this is just one example.

@mark-hunter i had not heard that before that puts an interesting twist on things for sure in my opinion.

I doesn't say if they were a open or closed group. If it was a open group with the photos and all submissions open to everyone I can understand some of the problem. A closed group on the other hand can only be viewed by members of that group.

In today's world of anti hunters just waiting for a chance to jump onto a hunter I can see a problem with Facebook trying to police the group and keep everything civil.

No surprise, Facebook has also shut down pages with firearms for sale.

I just went and had a look. Appears to be operating from my end.
It is now a closed group.
I'll let you know if they let me in. :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 08.50.42.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 08.51.46.png

That's good news! The report is from December 2018. Maybe they got reinstated? If you get on maybe you could ask about what happened?

I'll let you know.

@mark-hunter i had not heard that before that puts an interesting twist on things for sure in my opinion.
Certainly, it does.

Here is one of the sources:
https://www.wideopenspaces.com/mark-zuckerberg-talks-hunting-and-shocks-us-all/

Zuckerberg claims food tastes better when you make it yourself, and doubly so when you hunted the animal yourself.
Facebook and some social sectors have always seemed to have some beef with the hunting world. But Mark Zuckerberg went live on his Facebook page right before the debates and shocked many with his words.

Zuckerberg was grilling with some friends and began to discuss the meats on the grill with fans. Via this conversation, he touched on how he thinks food tastes better when you make it yourself.

And then he shocked many by what he said next: food tastes doubly better when you've hunted the animal yourself.

The CEO confirmed that he in fact does hunt when he has time, and he feels connected to nature when he does so. Pretty cool to hear those words come out of him, and I know we all feel that way within the hunting community.

Zuckerberg also stated that if you are going to eat meat, you might as well know where it comes from.

One of the greatest blessings of hunting is that very statement: our families enjoy fresh organic meat. Now, of course we aren't denying that we love the pursuit and the thrill of harvesting an animal after lots of preparation and work, but the organic meat is one of the main benefits.

It's awesome to hear Mark make a public statement for the pro-hunting community.

Who knew you had so much in common with one of the wealthiest men around?

Ok so theirs a double standard going on here..He hunts (supposedly ) THEN their are advertisers and the anti hunting public. Why not stand for what you believe in??? MONEY!

He just had the BBQ going.
The meat could have been from the market for all it mattered to a viewer of the video.
He said he went hunting.
That is as far as he'll be heading in the hunting promotion department.
Oh well, he'll join the thousands of others that hunt and keep it quiet.

While I agree with you Johnny............in many cases it is de facto illegal to "stand for what you believe in". there is no written law, but there is a punishment: lose your job, be beaten, lose your property, and worse......Zuckerberg can afford to pay, some hunters cannot.............FWB

Yes I agree Bill, I only implied he stand for what he believes in.. But then again most of us cant for many reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a very wealthy local man, who shall remain nameless, that would not hunt huge trophy animals on his own business property because the employees might get twisted and upset about it. Does he need the politics in his workplace? Nope.
He does not crap where he eats. It's not worth it.
He can afford to hunt anywhere in the world and does.

Tyranny of the Masses?

Farcebook is anti gun/hunting/conservative and has closed a bunch of groups for showing guns/dead animals, posts where guns/ammo/reloading supplies and equipment are for sale. They also have removed individual posts that have these things.

There site---their rules. Even if it is BS

I belong to a Facebook group named Hunting Africa, it is a closed group where we show all kinds of pictures.

So far no problem !

I belong to a Facebook group named Hunting Africa, it is a closed group where we show all kinds of pictures.

So far no problem !

Yep!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you