Australian AH Members Get Together..

SWARA

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I noticed that there seem to be a few Australian Members on the Site and I was wondering if any would like to get together for a few drinks one Afternoon or evening and swap a few tall stories.
Although I am based in Kenya I travel to Australia twice a year so I just wanted to put it out there and see if there was interest.
Cheers.. :D Beers:

Hhmmmmmnnn....I do want to go to Australia to hunt...... maybe this would be an excuse to go.....(y)(y):whistle::whistle:

Last edited:
I noticed that there seem to be a few Australian Members on the Site and I was wondering if any would like to get together for a few drinks one Afternoon or evening and swap a few tall stories.
Although I am based in Kenya I travel to Australia twice a year so I just wanted to put it out there and see if there was interest.
Cheers.. :D Beers:

I'm in cairns

where?
and when?
ive made two plans with members ,here
and I havnt made it to either of them,so far

Well I suppose I'm Open.. Bu I will be in Melbourne. I was going to head up to Port Douglas with my son but that has been caned for now...

I'm in Zambia until the 7th of November
then I'm in aus. until around the middle of may next year
if that fits in with either of our programmes ....I'm up for it

I think this would be a good idea but the problem for me and probably other north Aus members would be the distance to venue and timing.
See what others think?

Distance in Australia is incredible and it would be difficult to pick a venue

I am in Melbourne but travel to Sydney everybsecond week and Cairns every three months...

Ado

maybe we shouls have a party by our selves Ado, I land at 2355 on the 6th, and don't have to at the boat till the 8th

maybe we shouls have a party by our selves Ado, I land at 2355 on the 6th, and don't have to at the boat till the 8th
+1 Bluey.

pm sent.

Ado

I'm planning to be in Sydney for 2-3 weeks around Christmas. Won't be bringing my hunting rifles to Oz this time around but have a 22LR in Sydney so if we organise a meet and a shoot I could bring that with me. It's a real nice .22 ;-)

Hello Dr. Ray

I want to hunt Wild Boar, Fallow Deer, and Chital. Can you please what should I am going to hunt?

Do you know which part of Oz you wanna visit? There's nice buffalo hunting up north. Also if you're up for a challenging hunt, Sambar deer in the mountains of Victoria are a great obsession - typically you get mediocre success rate out of a physically challenging hunt, but it's proper wild hunting and if you do succeed you'd have earned your trophy. What time of the year are you planning to visit?

There's a good few operators in Oz who hunt deer on large private properties. I suppose you could call some of them fenced, but we're talking large - like 10x20km blocks. The largest farm I had access to was 40,000 hectares.

In the Outback you can also hunt camels, donkeys, and scrub bulls (feral cattle).

And if you've got an itchy trigger finger you can try to get yourself into a cull hunt. They're not easy to find these days but I've done it once, for a week, on a feral pest control hunt and I run out of ammo. My bad, I only brought 800 .308 rounds...

It's a real nice .22 ;-)

20160301_155052000_iOS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg