AUSTRALIA: Plan B Banteng Hunt

My cape buff was similar, I had 5 days to agree and get on the plane. At least you have a bit more time to look forward to our buff/elephant hunt now another 12 months away.... hopefully.......... Well done mate(y)

Yeah that was a huge effort to get it done in that time mate (y)

Next year is going to be epic ;)

Good stuff Tim. My dream of a double Cape Buff hunt was also not possible but I have a brand new plan.
Happy to see you were able to get out and take a great Banteng

Good stuff Tim. My dream of a double Cape Buff hunt was also not possible but I have a brand new plan.
Happy to see you were able to get out and take a great Banteng

Cheers Neale. Was a great hunt and certainly unexpected a couple of months ago.
I hope you're able to get there mate. Have you rolled over the same booking?

Great stuff blacks - thanks for sharing. Good to see Matt's rifle back in service!
Cheers mate, it was certainly satisfying to see the end result put to good use. (y)

Awesome & well done on a nice Bull @blacks, one of my favorite animals to hunt & wish I could do more of them !

By the way that Sako was a company rifle of Hunt Australia so in fact had been owned by more than one Australian Hunting legend as Bob Penfold bought it in the begining, I shot a fair few animals with it myself as I liked the lighter weight over the Brno 602 we had, that's if I couldn't get hold of one the Mauser 458s or after lighter game .

Awesome & well done on a nice Bull @blacks, one of my favorite animals to hunt & wish I could do more of them !

By the way that Sako was a company rifle of Hunt Australia so in fact had been owned by more than one Australian Hunting legend as Bob Penfold bought it in the begining, I shot a fair few animals with it myself as I liked the lighter weight over the Brno 602 we had, that's if I couldn't get hold of one the Mauser 458s or after lighter game .
Gday Sarg, cheers for the post mate. That's great info! It's got some pretty cool heritage that's for sure, and now it looks better than new. I'm proud to be its custodian.

I agree they're a nice weight for a 375, which doesn't need to be a heavy rifle. I remember those 458WM rifles of Hunt Australia, great guide guns! I had the chance to snap one of those up too, but already have one similar on a Mk. X. Just without the magnaporting!

Cheers
Tim

Good timing for this thread to be bumped back up. Just today I got finished with the mount of my bull, ready for my upcoming trophy room. I'm very happy with the result (y)

20211106_084802.jpg

20211106_084756.jpg

20211106_084908.jpg

20211106_084829.jpg

Awesome mount Man, that Banteng looks alive!!! Wow. You can take me hunting them any time, but you might have to have a trailer behind your ute with a pool of cool water for me to ride in, haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.