laststand

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life endow.
Hunted
Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Zambia, Mozambique x2, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Cameroonx2, Tanzania x2,
I'm going to Darwin in August this year. Will fly into Sydney, then fly to Auckland and tour New Zealand four days. Return to Sydney, then on to Darwin. I would like to leave my rifle in Sydney while I am in New Zealand. I use a tuffpak gun case, so it is to large for airport lockers. I have contacted traveling with guns and a local company there with no luck. I don't want to hunt with outfitters rifle, but I will if I'm not comfortable leaving it with someone I trust. Any suggestions?

@bluey ? Any suggestions?

tried this last year , for another bloke .
mate, your dreaming .............
im sorry

he wasn't hunting in aus . he was just passing through , on his way to un zed
and was staying over night .and couldn't clear it to take to the motel with him

its 130 am here now .
I will make some calls tomorrow afternoon , about your landing here , then going to nz and then returning to hunt ....
cant you take it to nz ( they are very hunter friendly ). do your stuff there then return it with you and import it then ?

are you flying with the same airline ,all the way ?

could you maybe send it ahead to kiwiville, then import it from there to aus .
will get more assistance from the border patrol there ,than the aussies , will give you .....

tried this last year , for another bloke .
mate, your dreaming .............
im sorry

he wasn't hunting in aus . he was just passing through , on his way to un zed
and was staying over night .and couldn't clear it to take to the motel with him

its 130 am here now .
I will make some calls tomorrow afternoon , about your landing here , then going to nz and then returning to hunt ....
cant you take it to nz ( they are very hunter friendly ). do your stuff there then return it with you and import it then ?

are you flying with the same airline ,all the way ?

could you maybe send it ahead to kiwiville, then import it from there to aus .
will get more assistance from the border patrol there ,than the aussies , will give you .....

thanks for the effort
I am flying United [frequent flyer miles] to Sydney, only option I had. From Sydney to Auckland and return I think is Air NZ. If I could have flown to Auckland first it would have been fine, because like you said NZ is very hunter friendly. I hunted in Darwin a few years ago and the first stop from the states was Brisbane. I started through customs with my gun and luggage and was asked for my paperwork. I knew I was in trouble then. My outfitter hadn't notified me of any necessary permits I needed. I had just assumed it was like my trip to hunt in NZ before. Long story short, it cost me $1300.00 and took about 5 months to have my gun returned home. I used the outfitters gun on that trip. I am using a different outfitter this time and may have to do the same. thanks again

im a tad busy now and its only just about 8 am here
so I will ring my mate at customs , when I get a chance
if you were flying with one airline all the way it would be easier
this is one of the problems the other bloke had last year .
but I will give it a shot ,

is there anywhere in new Zealand you foreward your firearm to ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WandaDetwi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross