AUSTRALIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Aaron Corbett Of Australian Outback Buffalo Safaris?

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Hey y'all, thinking hard about booking a hunt with Aaron, met him at DSC and really liked the guy, seems like a fun trip in tent camp in the bush. Be a good maiden voyage for my 470NE to pound a few buff. Any feed back would be appreciated greatly.
Cheers,
Cody

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I also spoke with him at DSC and looking at Australia in the near future. Look forward to any responses here as well

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
@PaulT could maybe be of help here.

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.
I do not know the outfitter mentioned and therefore cannot comment.

I do how-ever know the area in question and the previous outfitter that had it, Eddie Clarke.
There are very good numbers of buffalo on the concession in question and in his time there Eddie was able to root out a number of fine trophy bulls from it.

Sorry, that's the best I can offer.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
Thanks PaulT,
Eddie is still the owner looking at their website. Good to know he has a reputation for good bulls and is a good area.
Cheers,
Cody

Mark R

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Eddie has indeed sold to Aaron who will be taking hunts this year on the same concession that Eddie had. Seems a real nice guy, one you will have a fun and enjoyable hunt and that's what it's all about, right?;)

Cheers,
Mark.

Dusty

Reaction score
Member of
Rmef dsc mule deer back country hunters and anglers
I met Aaron at DSC this year. I talked to him for almost 2 hours the first time. It was a automatic friendship. I am trying to go abroad with my work as a guide. He and his friend Scott are great guys. Since then Aaron and I keep in touch. He is trying to bring me down next season to guide for him. His friend Scott has come out and hunted with me.

I can not speak for the hunting. Since I have not been there but I can speak for the man and he is an amazing guy and a dear friend. From what I know of this industry Aaron is the real deal. He is a hunter to the core. I can not wait to go hunt for him next season.

I hope this will help make up your mind on booking a hunt with Aaron.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I met Aaron at DSC this year. I talked to him for almost 2 hours the first time. It was a automatic friendship. I am trying to go abroad with my work as a guide. He and his friend Scott are great guys. Since then Aaron and I keep in touch. He is trying to bring me down next season to guide for him. His friend Scott has come out and hunted with me.

I can not speak for the hunting. Since I have not been there but I can speak for the man and he is an amazing guy and a dear friend. From what I know of this industry Aaron is the real deal. He is a hunter to the core. I can not wait to go hunt for him next season.

I hope this will help make up your mind on booking a hunt with Aaron.

hi dusty welcome aboard :D Beers:.....now how about some info about yourself as you have put zero on here, or your profile page about where you are from, where you hunt etc etc.......

Dusty

Reaction score
Member of
Of course sorry about that men. I'm Dusty. I work year round as a hunting guide in America. I am currently in the summer slow season so I am guiding fishing trips in Colorados back country packing in on mules. In the winter I go to Texas and hunt free range exotics and fall I hunt elk deer and bear. I am fairly new to the industry but I feel I have a decent grasp of how it works and my contacts are helping me any chance they get. Like I said I am working with Aaron to go hunt in Australia. It is a dream of mine to be able to go international. I would love to try and get my PH in Africa but from talking to folks it is nearly impossible anymore with the governments. Also most places want buffalo experience. Well again Australia will give me that. Once I can get that experience maybe I can get a company to talk to me a little more seriously about helping me get my PH in one of the African countries.

If any of you would like to know more or maybe have some advice for me please feel free to contact me.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Thanks Dusty,
I booked for 2018 with Aaron, I spoke with him quite a bit at DSC and got a real good feeling about him. My understanding from talking to several people, the area holds some excellent trophy bulls. I am looking forward to the hunt as NWT is somewhere I have always wanted to hunt. Looking forward to warming up my .470 and a week of fosters!
Cheers,
Cody

Dusty

Reaction score
Member of
Fantastic to hear. I am hoping to be down at that time maybe we will get a chance to meet in person.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Thanks Dusty,
I booked for 2018 with Aaron, I spoke with him quite a bit at DSC and got a real good feeling about him. My understanding from talking to several people, the area holds some excellent trophy bulls. I am looking forward to the hunt as NWT is somewhere I have always wanted to hunt. Looking forward to warming up my .470 and a week of fosters!
Cheers,
Cody

Hope you will share all the details with us. This is a hunt I would like to do.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Hope you will share all the details with us. This is a hunt I would like to do.
Hell Charlie, I'm addicted to this site, I will definitely share my tale, good or bad. I'm taking my Dad with me. If nothing else he can finally say he has been there! Lol

Mark R

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Thanks Dusty,
Cheers,
Cody

We need to get guys recognising the N.T. or Northern Territory of Australia as it is a great place to hunt and fish but it is definitely not the NWT ;)

Cheers,
Mark.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
LOL, sorry, I am also obsessed with the NWT here on our continent. Probably about the same population but a tad cooler temps

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.
Welcome to our country Bill.

I do hope you enjoy your experience and are rewarded with some memorable hunting and rewarding experiences.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steyr lover

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...