eugeneb

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hi,

Got two buff a few weeks ago with the bow, thought I'd share a pic of this amazing one ... big spread in the horn department. Arrowed him at approx 35 yards.

watermark.php

Equipment used:

- 82lbs K&K Vindicator;
- 650 grain total arrow weight;
- 210 grain German Kinetic broadhead;
- Gold Tip Kinetic arrow shafts.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Eugene

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing buff! Congrats.

Wow, fantastic Buffalo! Congratulations Eugene!

Beautiful bull!

Congrats and well done with a fantastic buff with your bow!
I hope to do the same one day :)

awesome bull. Congrats

Awesome, beautiful trophy!!!!

Great bull!!! Congrats!

Congratulations. That is a monster.

CRAP!
Now you added more stuff to the list.

Congratulations. That is a monster.

CRAP!
Now you added more stuff to the list.

LOL I have seen your list, its called the SCI awards issue from cover to cover. :cool:

Very nicely done, fabulous animal.:hail::shocked:

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated and a dream buff come true for me.

The bull was slightly quartering towards me and went approx 35 meters after the shot before collapsing and expiring. The shot was mid body, perhaps a tad lower ... tad forward on the shoulder to cater for the quartering on shot.

(in the pic the shot looks a bit high, but it is purely how the bull was positioned for the pic)

Something that has been on my list for some time, way to go on the top tier trophy!

great looking buffalo bloke
what was his spread ??
and was it on public land or private ?
welldone it will look outastanding on the wall;););)

Thanks

Have not yet measured it ... going back in couple of weeks for more hunting and will pick up the skull / horns ... will measure it then. (got the buff approx 4 weeks ago)

Hunting Area = Arnhemland, NT, Aus

great looking buffalo bloke
what was his spread ??
and was it on public land or private ?
welldone it will look outastanding on the wall;););)

eugeneb,

IMPRESSIVE. What an experience. Hunting a Aus buff is definitely on my list to do. Nice!

Thanks for the comments.

The 2nd buff I got on the same weekend (young bull) ... this one I saw at approx 150m ... stalked to approx 60m when he picked up my movement (late afternoon ... long shadows ... sun on my back and the wind in my face) ... still not sure whether he was just curious or had a bit of an attitude, but he decided to head straight for me ... I am not as quick as I used to be (4 screws through my ankle, hence cannot run) ... quickly moved backwards to my right approx 15m and stood next to a big tree I could climb ... standing next to the tree I quickly ranged a piece of grass at 30 yards, drew my bow and waited for him ... he was still determined to get to me and I hit him square frontal as he passed the 30 yards mark ... the arrow disappeared (see pics for entry and exit (exit was on the opposite side but more-or-less where the arrow points)) ... unfortunately I lost the pic of where the arrow protruded on the opposite side approx 3" ... after the arrow struck, he turned and made approx 35m before collapsing and expiring

Apologies for all the blood, but the frontal shots are devastating.

Buff 2-1.JPG
Buff 2-2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Eugene, congrats on your buffalo, that first bull is a toad.

Bow-take buffalo in our conditions is a real acheivement, well done.

Great to see hunters enjoying the experiences that Arnhemland can provide.

Cheers,

Paul.

Eugene,

WOW! . . . WHAT A GREAT BULL!! . . not only WIDE spread and terrific shape, but the MASS!!
Congratulations! I look forward to hearing the spread measurements and total score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg