Audio Books

gbflyer

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I have a fairly long flight coming late in the week. Recently discovered Audible. Pretty cool. Looking for suggestions. I suspect most of the members here are fairly like-minded.

The Bosch series of books by Michael Connelly r excellent if u like detective books

The Feather Thief
The Wright Brothers
White Hunters
The Tree where man was born
No beast so fierce

My favorite books on audible have been
1. A handful of hard men - about special forces fighting in Rhodesia
2. American Buffalo by Steven Rinella
3. Empire of the summer moon - about Comanche Indians in Texas

A good free one was Fur, Fortune, and Empire

I listen to a lot of audio books traveling to work and at work. Audible is great but make sure you listen to the entire sample and ask yourself if you can listen to 15 hours of it. Some sound interesting at first but get boring very fast.

I listen to a lot of audio books traveling to work and at work. Audible is great but make sure you listen to the entire sample and ask yourself if you can listen to 15 hours of it. Some sound interesting at first but get boring very fast.

So true, excellent advice. Also the reader makes a huge difference. I got Danny Trejo’s book, he reads it. Not good. I have to cut him some slack because he still works like a dog, has had several health issues, and is pushing 80. But what a good dude.

I have been listening to your #1 recommendation. Wow, what a story, I’ve read some about old Rhodesia but I had no idea the lengths that were gone to stamp it out. I have recommended this to 2 of my friends as well. Thank you!

Just stumbled across this post looking for Hunting/Africa Book on Aubile.
You might add the following to your list
1. One Ranger
2. Congo Mercenary written and read by Mike Hoare
3. Bush War Operator.
4. Podcast: History that does not suck.
5. Lost in Shangri-La.

Have not found a Non fiction hunting, except White Hunters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,