ATN x-site 4k

Dawg2019

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m looking to build a rifle to function for both whitetail and to do some coyote hunting. It abyone has used this scope can you please comment on its daytime use. Looking at shots of 200 yards.

I don't remember the specific models, but the 2 (1 night vision, 1 thermal) that I've used were unimpressive in daylight, the thermal in particular. Those 2 made up my mind to 1, get a thermal not a night vision, and 2, use QD mounts and a regular scope for daylight use. Good QDs take a couple seconds to remove and replace.
But I really liked that thermal at night! I could see mice & rabbits running around at a couple hundred yards. I could see eye and hair detail on the pig at 60yds. Have fun!

It seems they might have fixed the issues that I saw using them a couple years ago. The daylight imaging apparently has been significantly improved. Might work as a standalone scope now. Good luck!

I like mine abundantly. I have not shot mine at 200 yards yet though. Neat piece of equipment. On a bergara .308 with suppressor. I recommend an after market infra red light for night hunting tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.