AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
More to come..........Both dagger tips broken off in the fall.....repaired close to 60"

43643981_10160903341785134_4512267236446044160_o%201_zps1bb4e2wh.jpg

Congrats Dennis!!!!! A dream Marco Polo sheep!

That's a heck of a ram, congrats Dennis!!

Awesome!! Look forward to the story!

WOW I can’t wait to see what you do with him. Your magic on an animal like that will be something to behold

good thing you know a taxidermist who can clean that cape up.

Congratulations.

Congratulations Dennis! Looking forward to the report.

Wow that's a great ram. Only been fortunate enough to mount one Marco Polo ram. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. Would love to see a taxidermy thread that shows the whole process right from when you get to the states. I know it would be a lot of extra work to do but I would love to learn more about how you turn out such great taxidermy.

Hopefully you can find A good taxidermist to repair the tips.... :A Outta:

Congrats my friend!

Congrats... Tajik is still on my wish list. Maybe someday. That is a beautiful ram. Looking forward to the whole story. Well done.
Bruce

Beautiful.............................waitin for the full write up.................congrats!!!..............FWB

WOW! Great ram right there!

What a great ram! This hunt would be a dream hunt for sure. It is on my bucket list and can't wait to read the full report!

Wonderful beast. Well done. Can't wait to read the story.

Wonderful Marco Polo, Congratulations. I hunted Marco Polo out of Hot Springs camp in Dec 2018 and got a nice ram but would never hunt with the outfitter again. Once we paid our initial 50% deposit we discovered extra costs almost monthly (some we learned about when we got in country and hunters ran out of cash), and the most troubling was all the ads showing 60+ rams were hunters who paid double the list price and had guides and scouts “sitting on” trophy rams for weeks before hunters arrived. I know this to be true because our group of 5 hunters had to drive extra hours and get up at 4am so one of our hunters could get to camp before his “prize ram” walked across the border. Scouts had been watching it for over a month! He drove up, the scouts radioed where it was, he set up, they spooked it over the ridge and in 10 minutes it was dead. Not my idea of hunting. If you want to see it look at Hunting Consortium’s new ad and the ram that is shown as 68”. By the way, it was 65.5” green measured in camp. Interesting what happens when marketing folks get ahold of pictures. Morale of the story is have fun, enjoy your hunts and be careful when selecting your outfitter! Be strong.

Thanks , Sorry about your experience. Knowing and being in the hunting industry for 50 years, Yes bigger tips go farther it's a fact of life. I was shown rams on day one early and guides said good rams, Till I looked and field judged them at 52" and said your kidding right....Well the kinda got the idea I knew how to field score rams, The next group I was told good rams , nice rams, till I looked thru the spotting scope and told them Nice If I wanted to shoot a 54"- 55" inch on the first day. At that point they knew I could judge sheep and my intent was shooting for the camp average of 58" . No more BS after that. As for the expenses, they blindsided you, my outfitter had all my extra's printed out for me to the dime before I left or even booked and it , it was n0t The Hunting Consortium. Good to know bout the so called 68 " RAM kinda like fisherman......Big story. Our top was 61.5 I me`measured it hands on. I truly didn't care if it cost the hunter a big tip and more money, Life is life. That hunter drives a better truck than me because he can afford it and makes in a month what I make in a year. Not jealous of either, if his money gets him bigger ram or his job gets him a better truck.

When we left camp, yes, the the guides knew where sheep were, I could have killed out in the first hour , then onto the next spot they know rams where, straight drive to the next valley 2 hours out. They live and work there, They know the area rams live and don't waste time just looking at mountians.

PS. Rams had to be brought back over the Afghan border as he ran into Afghanistan after being shot mine included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg