harden

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
More to come..........Both dagger tips broken off in the fall.....repaired close to 60"

43643981_10160903341785134_4512267236446044160_o%201_zps1bb4e2wh.jpg

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Congrats Dennis!!!!! A dream Marco Polo sheep!

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
That's a heck of a ram, congrats Dennis!!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Awesome!! Look forward to the story!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
WOW I can’t wait to see what you do with him. Your magic on an animal like that will be something to behold

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
good thing you know a taxidermist who can clean that cape up.

Congratulations.

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
Congratulations Dennis! Looking forward to the report.

Sitting Bull_Chris

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Australian Hunters International, Australian Bowhunters Association
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Wow that's a great ram. Only been fortunate enough to mount one Marco Polo ram. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. Would love to see a taxidermy thread that shows the whole process right from when you get to the states. I know it would be a lot of extra work to do but I would love to learn more about how you turn out such great taxidermy.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Hopefully you can find A good taxidermist to repair the tips.... :A Outta:

Congrats my friend!

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Congrats... Tajik is still on my wish list. Maybe someday. That is a beautiful ram. Looking forward to the whole story. Well done.
Bruce

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
Beautiful.............................waitin for the full write up.................congrats!!!..............FWB

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
WOW! Great ram right there!

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
What a great ram! This hunt would be a dream hunt for sure. It is on my bucket list and can't wait to read the full report!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Wonderful beast. Well done. Can't wait to read the story.

brentrphillips

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Russia, New Zealand, Australia, Mexico, Canada
Wonderful Marco Polo, Congratulations. I hunted Marco Polo out of Hot Springs camp in Dec 2018 and got a nice ram but would never hunt with the outfitter again. Once we paid our initial 50% deposit we discovered extra costs almost monthly (some we learned about when we got in country and hunters ran out of cash), and the most troubling was all the ads showing 60+ rams were hunters who paid double the list price and had guides and scouts “sitting on” trophy rams for weeks before hunters arrived. I know this to be true because our group of 5 hunters had to drive extra hours and get up at 4am so one of our hunters could get to camp before his “prize ram” walked across the border. Scouts had been watching it for over a month! He drove up, the scouts radioed where it was, he set up, they spooked it over the ridge and in 10 minutes it was dead. Not my idea of hunting. If you want to see it look at Hunting Consortium’s new ad and the ram that is shown as 68”. By the way, it was 65.5” green measured in camp. Interesting what happens when marketing folks get ahold of pictures. Morale of the story is have fun, enjoy your hunts and be careful when selecting your outfitter! Be strong.

harden

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
Thanks , Sorry about your experience. Knowing and being in the hunting industry for 50 years, Yes bigger tips go farther it's a fact of life. I was shown rams on day one early and guides said good rams, Till I looked and field judged them at 52" and said your kidding right....Well the kinda got the idea I knew how to field score rams, The next group I was told good rams , nice rams, till I looked thru the spotting scope and told them Nice If I wanted to shoot a 54"- 55" inch on the first day. At that point they knew I could judge sheep and my intent was shooting for the camp average of 58" . No more BS after that. As for the expenses, they blindsided you, my outfitter had all my extra's printed out for me to the dime before I left or even booked and it , it was n0t The Hunting Consortium. Good to know bout the so called 68 " RAM kinda like fisherman......Big story. Our top was 61.5 I me`measured it hands on. I truly didn't care if it cost the hunter a big tip and more money, Life is life. That hunter drives a better truck than me because he can afford it and makes in a month what I make in a year. Not jealous of either, if his money gets him bigger ram or his job gets him a better truck.

When we left camp, yes, the the guides knew where sheep were, I could have killed out in the first hour , then onto the next spot they know rams where, straight drive to the next valley 2 hours out. They live and work there, They know the area rams live and don't waste time just looking at mountians.

PS. Rams had to be brought back over the Afghan border as he ran into Afghanistan after being shot mine included.

Latest profile posts

mbogo45 wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Appreciate your info and feedback, I looked at some European websites to try and get info on the value of this particular Steyr. Further input from you on it's value would be appreciated as you have a bunch of them. I assume you collect the Steyr Luxus for a reason ---they are a finely built rifle.
I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.