ASG’s African Hunting Showcase 2009: The Feedback

Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI
ASG’s African Hunting Showcase 2009: The Feedback

ASG’s inaugural African Hunting Showcase, held in Toronto in January 2009, was a tremendous success. Our 35 exhibitors included select hunting outfitters from eight African countries, the Professional Hunters’ Association of South Africa (PHASA), Namibia Professional Hunters’ Association (NAPHA), Safari Club International’s Canada chapter, plus prestigious rifle-maker Krieghoff, and precision optics company Swarovski.

This Africa-focused show provided a meeting place for serious hunters with a real interest in Africa. The atmosphere was relaxed but informative, giving visitors the opportunity to discuss, in detail, their hunting dreams and requirements.

Canadians have little direct exposure to African safari outfitters and professional hunters, and many think that hunting Africa is out of their financial reach. However, this is not the case. Many outfitters offer affordable hunting packages; plus, there is still many exchange rate advantages.

Also important for Canadian hunters to remember: There are three African game species which can easily be imported into Canada from Namibia that cannot be imported into the USA: cheetah, black-faced impala and black rhino.

There are over 55,000 registered members of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters – a clear indication that ASG’s African Hunting Showcase is a great opportunity for outfitters and PHs to market their hunting in Ontario.

Canadians are passionate hunters and, like hunters everywhere, their dream is to visit Africa.

The dates for the 2010 African Hunting Showcase are: January 15 & 16, 2010; Venue: Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre, Mississauga.

ASG Canada Show 2009 – exhibitor comments

As Uta from Die Keiler Team in Namibia said, “We are very positive about the African Hunting Show in Toronto. Once again, we thank you for an outstanding organization and the opportunity to make Canadians aware of our beautiful country.”

“Thanks for all the hard work in making the Hunting Showcase a success. We definitely would like to exhibit again next year as we also believe there is potential in Canada and you guys know what it takes in this business. Doing the banner – for the outfitters, was & is a great plus. We do not have to hassle with shipping a booth backwards and forwards to the USA , which is costly and really frustrating. Thanks again – it is great working with people like you.” Graham & Ananda Jones, Graham Jones Safaris, South Africa.

“Many thanks, and again, you did a great job in Toronto for us. I do realize that it will take a bit of time and money to start getting the bookings, but a foot in the door is imperative.” Ian Rutledge, Dindingwe Safaris, Zimbabwe

“All the people that came to the show were interested in Africa. That’s good.” Walter Slippers, Ingogo Safaris, South Africa

“We also want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of the ASG Canada Show. We know it is an investment in the future. It was the same 6 years ago in the States. ‘Where is Namibia?’ was the f.a.q. Now they ask, ‘Where in Namibia are you?’ So, we are positive it is a matter of education. We will definitely be back in 2010!!” Elfie Kotze, Omatako Ranch, Namibia

“Thanks for all you did for us as exhibitors. All was very well organized.” Tollie Jordaan, Tollies Safaris, South Africa.

Please contact Birgit Johnstone for further information.

Attachments

• ASG-Canada-Show-01.jpg
    ASG-Canada-Show-01.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 175
  • ASG-Canada-Show-02.jpg
    ASG-Canada-Show-02.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 94

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois