Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Well so far the archery hunt for elk is been so-so. For some reason there are 'hunters' who think bowhunting elk means getting on a quad riding it right through the prime elk hunting areas, stopping occassionally to blow their bugle. Then after not getting an answer, fire up the quad, move a couple hundred yards and repeat. :mad::mad:

Initially the elk were quite quiet but they've now started to pick up the bugling the last couple of days. Me and a friend who doesn't have a tag but came up for a couple days got between two bugling bulls yesterday but couldn't quite close the deal. This morning my hunting buddy and I chased 4 bugling bulls around but again couldn't get close enough for a shot....nonetheless the fun is picking up with the weekend quad riders going home.

I'm home now for a couple days before going back up for another 5 days of hunting. On Saturday night I sat in my treestand on a waterhole. The night before I had a 5x5 come in, but way at the far end out of my comfortable shooting range. On Saturday however a bit before the quad morons came by with two bugling bulls up the hill, some turkeys came to visit me. I managed to pull out my iPhone and get some video of them. I doubt Jim Shockey or Ivan Carter will be calling me for my hunting video abilities but thought maybe you guys would enjoy a little of Arizona......hey look big pine trees!

Nice!(y) Rio Grande turkey is on my short list with @gizmo next spring!!

That looked like a six point to me. At least it had six toes.

Looks tasty too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg