Arizona Elk Draw Results 2015

Hope today is your day Phil!

Phil good news on your buddy's bull!!! Go find the big guy today. Good luck.

Looks like a mighty tasty Bull to me.
COngrats.

Good luck Phil.
Take the range finder out tomorrow.

Looks like a mighty tasty Bull to me.
COngrats.

Good luck Phil.
Take the range finder out tomorrow.

Well there's 3 more days left in the hunt, but we needed to get back home to get back to our stupid jobs. As magical as Friday was, truly the best day of elk hunting I've ever had, since then it has been as quiet as can be. The elk just flat out shut up. Hunting pressure? Or just elk hunting? Don't know.

Great hunt and yes based off the tender loins we ate in camp, this bull will eat well!

Glad you had a great hunt! Sorry you didn't get your bull too.

Great hunt and yes based off the tender loins we ate in camp, this bull will eat well!

If I could, my last meal on earth would be fried elk steak, with rice and gravy, cooked by my grandfather.

Glad you had a great hunt! Sorry you didn't get your bull too.

If I could, my last meal on earth would be fried elk steak, with rice and gravy, cooked by my grandfather.

No reason to be sorry for me. Friday was a day I'll never forget. I've already taken a nice 6x6 with my bow and have now missed on a couple others. KJ had not taken one until this hunt. He is a great friend and hunting partner and so it was just as much fun and satisfaction for me to be with him when he got his bull.

I say I was with him, but that's slightly off. His bull was moving in on another bull to fight him and KJ took off running as he felt strongly where he was going. How that bull didn't spot him running I don't know. I stayed put until he'd passed and then moved into position for a shot if he came back. Shortly following I heard the release and then impact of the arrow.

Usually KJ is the more calm collected one in this friendship, but those roles were reversed. His shot was a bit off prime lung shot. He hit the liver which I can tell you does kill them but it takes time. We picked up blood about 75 yards from where he was hit. But it only lasted for about 15 feet and then dried up. I knew by KJ's description the bull was hurt bad as it was at this spot he started to move slowly but went out of view, but this about as wigged out as I've ever seen him. So it was my job to calm him a bit and assure him we'd find the bull.

Uncharacteristically the bull moved uphill. After searching around for quite sometime near the blood and working a bit downhill, KJ wanted to check uphill which I thought was a bit crazy. But I didn't say so and went with it. Sure enough we moved uphill another 75 yards or so and I spotted him laying on the ground, much to both of ours relief.

The bull still had some kick to him, but he could not get up. Probably 30 minutes after he was hit he succumbed. And then the work began of course. Sometime around 1 am we had the meat hung in camp and crawled into bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!