Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
If you applied for elk and/or big horn sheep, the results are coming soon. Credit cards started being hit for the tag fees yesterday. I've missed a tag two years in a row, happy to report it will not be three! I'll be bowhunting elk in September, just don't know if I got my first or second choice.

So check your CC's and see if there's a charge from AZGFD if you applied. If there is you can be sure you got a tag.

Awesome Phil! Get a big one for all us here.

Elk steaks here we come.

Goods news.

What units did you put in for. I just bought myself and Dakota points this year again. This was the fifth year so get the loyalty point ad maybe have a small chance at an archery tag soon.

I'm in for New Mexico third year...... Praying....

@billc, 4B and 4A for 1st and 2nd choice respectively.

I did new mexico elk ,deer,pronghorn for both me and Dakota. His deer tag is a sure thing as a youth hunter but all the rest are a long shoot. May do a mtn lion hunt for him same week as his deer hunt if we don't draw anything else.

I have never looked into 4b or 4a, have been looking at unit 27 and 9 for az. A couple others also but wont really try to draw a tag there for 2 more years

Good for you Phil! Hope you get a nice one

Good for you Phil! Hope you get a nice one

I do too, but honestly looking as forward to hearing them bugle as much as anything else. My hunting buddy is still in need of an elk with his bow, much more important to me that he gets one than me.

I do too, but honestly looking as forward to hearing them bugle as much as anything else. My hunting buddy is still in need of an elk with his bow, much more important to me that he gets one than me.

In that case Phil.......can I be your hunting buddy. I've never taken an elk at all. Only live ones I have seen where about to step out in front of my car near Flagstaff at night!

There are few sounds in the world like a Bull Elk bugling early in the morning...

I would actually put it right up there with hearing a lion roar at night.

Congrats Phil! Very happy for you :P Robin Hood::A Hi Five:
You know we will expect pics and a hunt report :D

No Elk hunting for me this year. I have been hunting unit 27 since the late 1970's. Taken many deer, and a Bear. Have been drawn for Elk a few times there, but still looking to take my first from that area.

Congrats Phil! Very happy for you :P Robin Hood::A Hi Five:
You know we will expect pics and a hunt report :D

You know when a spud starts talking to me about elk hunting, I feel almost guilty. Having spent many days going up and then going down, then going up and going down.......to the point of sheer exhaustion, in Idaho.....well you'd get a kick out of where I hunt wapiti now. Nice rolling hills with the occasional fairly small canyon.

In that case Phil.......can I be your hunting buddy. I've never taken an elk at all. Only live ones I have seen where about to step out in front of my car near Flagstaff at night!

Sorry, it's gotta be KJ. Flagstaff sure is a nice place eh?

There are few sounds in the world like a Bull Elk bugling early in the morning...

I would actually put it right up there with hearing a lion roar at night.

Especially when it's about 10 yards from you!

No Elk hunting for me this year. I have been hunting unit 27 since the late 1970's. Taken many deer, and a Bear. Have been drawn for Elk a few times there, but still looking to take my first from that area.

That's a bummer. I don't even want to tell you how many times I've been drawn in AZ since moving here in late 2001. But going two years in a row without drawing I think is the max I've gone.

Sounds good to me Phil! In fact, every year that passes it sounds better and better :D
I am certain you've paid your dues!

That's a bummer. I don't even want to tell you how many times I've been drawn in AZ since moving here in late 2001. But going two years in a row without drawing I think is the max I've gone.
Took me 9 years to draw a Unit 27 rifle elk tag. I did get drawn in 2009 for a Unit 27 November archery bull hunt. Talk about a tough hunt!

Took me 9 years to draw a Unit 27 rifle elk tag. I did get drawn in 2009 for a Unit 27 November archery bull hunt. Talk about a tough hunt!

Does Nutrioso fall in 27?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.