Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
They're not quite out yet. But if you applied online and therefore used a credit card, you can at least find out if you drew something. The results have not yet been posted, but the draw has completed and AZGFD has started charging credit cards.

As for me, my luck continues! I have drawn an elk tag as my credit card was charged this week. What I don't know yet is if it's in my preffered unit, or the adjacent unit to the west. We should know soon.

So if you want to know if you at least drew, check your credit card account for any charges from AZGFD in the last week or so.

They're not quite out yet. But if you applied online and therefore used a credit card, you can at least find out if you drew something. The results have not yet been posted, but the draw has completed and AZGFD has started charging credit cards.

As for me, my luck continues! I have drawn an elk tag as my credit card was charged this week. What I don't know yet is if it's in my preffered unit, or the adjacent unit to the west. We should know soon.

So if you want to know if you at least drew, check your credit card account for any charges from AZGFD in the last week or so.

Well, drat! No Antelope Hunt for me this fall, guess I'll have to add another animal to my SA hunt coming up. I know, poor me, thanks for the heads up though, I'll try the fall draw for deer and big horn

Well, drat! No Antelope Hunt for me this fall, guess I'll have to add another animal to my SA hunt coming up. I know, poor me, thanks for the heads up though, I'll try the fall draw for deer and big horn

You might get drawn yet. The AZGFD website said it was going to "take a few days" for the CC charging process to complete. It may be they just haven't hit yours yet.

Where in Arizona are you by the way?

I live in Chandler. The credit card was charged for the application fee, not the tag, so probably no tag this year.

I live in Chandler. The credit card was charged for the application fee, not the tag, so probably no tag this year.

Well howdy neighbor, I live near the intersection of Riggs Rd. and Arizona Ave. I presume you do your shooting at Usery Pass?

Well, we really are neighbors, Chandler and Dobson here, I have been going all the way over to Ben Avery, I was there today, creature of habit I guess, been going there for years,

Too scary guys.

Well, we really are neighbors, Chandler and Dobson here, I have been going all the way over to Ben Avery, I was there today, creature of habit I guess, been going there for years,

Never have shot at Ben Avery, long way to go all the way out there.

My membership at Usery expires the end of the month and I'm not renewing. It has gotten really crowded there and I've grown tired of the semi-auto gunners putting dings in my stock and scratches on my scopes with their brass.

I was at Phoenix Rod & Gun Club last week for a safari shoot, second time I've been there. They do allow non-members to shoot, but the hours are limited. Membership cost is basically the same and it's slightly less far away, although you have to make the trek down Baseline.

Hello Phil. Just joined Africa Hunting! My card was charged for six elk tags so we are going again this year! We got six for six cows last December in Unit 1 near Vernon. My goal is to hunt Kudu in Africa within 4 years and I am looking for advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg